Let us give a big THANK YOU to the moderators and long timers here!

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Oh yes, agreed! This is the best source for information and encouragement with our feathered pliers. I'm so glad to be part of a great group. Nigel also appreciates the free publicity ha. :)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
To the mods especially, and to all of the wonderful people here, Bumble and I send our sincerest thanks. Because of this forum, I'm a million times better at being a parront than I would have been otherwise. I have appreciated the advice, the humor, the care/concern/reassurance when I needed it, and having a place where other people understand when my bird melts my heart.

Thanks Al & Salty for this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I'm thankful for not just the Mods but the entire site. The website is literally, (not figuratively) a wikipedia of parrot health, training, diet, safety, behavioral sciences etc. From real world people not some petsmart book for $15.99.

Also it has a large support group and usually (esp. for new users such as myself) I can get an answer to a question in about ten minutes AT THE LONGEST. And when I'm on, I try to be as helpful as I can...I don't think I've yet to see a single "troll" or negative type comment on this forum...there might be some, lets say, realist or pragmatic comments but it's all "tough love" not being mean.

Additionally I love the community, I may not respond to a bunch of posts but I read them and get warm fuzzy sometimes just reading the random adventures and cleverness of some of our better angels.

Last edited:

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
No, I won't thanks them. All they do is ruin good arguments! ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jhsatx

Jul 23, 2016
Didn't realize how old this thread was.

It was concerning to see a couple of the mods/major contributors idle at times the last couple of years.

If y'all ever feel unappreciated,,, don't ,,,, you have a higher purpose.

Many thanks!

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi All !! I resurected this thread, because we have been getting SO MANY new members here, presenting all sorts of questions and problems. The Moderator team here, and the long time members, welcome each and every one of you, but realize the effort and patience and dedication it takes to keep ParrotForums THE very best resource on line for information and advice on the entire Internet. We owe all of them our gratitude and thanks.

New Members - we are thrilled that you have found us, and hopefully received concrete information, useful advice, inspiration and yes, condolences in any unfortunate circumstances. We really encourage you to remain with us and contribute with pics, stories, updates and stuff, so we constantly expand our knowledge and information.

Moderators and long time members - you guys have literally changed my life, and Salty's too, over years we 've been on here, so my personal THANK YOU is added, to all of you!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Didn't realize how old this thread was.

It was concerning to see a couple of the mods/major contributors idle at times the last couple of years.

If y'all ever feel unappreciated,,, don't ,,,, you have a higher purpose.

Many thanks!

I saw this Post today while reading back in this Thread and wanted to respond as for example, this Post was added during one of my periods of being idle. The Answer is along the lines of Life itself, or simply Life Happens to all of us and demand require choices and sometimes those choices result in lapses in being part of Parrotforum.

Thank you for your appreciation for each of the Senior Members, Supporting Members and of course our MOD's who's efforts assure that Parrotforum remains one of the most trusted Parrot Forums on the Web.

And, a Thank You, Al for being this Thread back up on the Board!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hi All !! I resurected this thread, because we have been getting SO MANY new members here, presenting all sorts of questions and problems. The Moderator team here, and the long time members, welcome each and every one of you, but realize the effort and patience and dedication it takes to keep ParrotForums THE very best resource on line for information and advice on the entire Internet. We owe all of them our gratitude and thanks.

New Members - we are thrilled that you have found us, and hopefully received concrete information, useful advice, inspiration and yes, condolences in any unfortunate circumstances. We really encourage you to remain with us and contribute with pics, stories, updates and stuff, so we constantly expand our knowledge and information.

Moderators and long time members - you guys have literally changed my life, and Salty's too, over years we 've been on here, so my personal THANK YOU is added, to all of you!

Thank you so much, Al! Take a bow for your willingness to share not only Salty but decades of sage wisdom. Moderators cannot be everywhere and deeply appreciate member outreach, often as first responders to time-sensitive issues.

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Thanks for resurrecting this thread Al. Thank you Mod team and members for your contributions, words of wisdom, love and support. You are the BEST.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
A heartfelt thank you to Al, and each and every one of our wonderful members! This thread is so deeply appreciated. And I'd also like to join in welcoming all of our new members... and saluting all of our longtime ones!

Most Reactions