Local Parrot Groups

Stephable

Jan 20, 2018
Australia
Parrots
Budgie
Green Cheek Conure
Hey!

I was just wondering if there were groups/discussions that were area specific? I'd love to make some more friends who have parrots, especially ones who live in the area and could help each other if we had any problems/needed someone to care for them while I was away.

If anyone reading this is from Australia, specifically Victoria let me know! I'd love to chat :)

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
There are several FB sites that are mostly in your area, unfortunately, I have been banned for some reason! No warning, no message! Just excommunication!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Although much smaller with far less visibility, once you have a PF member group gathered, you could start a 'Group,' on Parrot Forums. See your Profile Page and the section on the right side that is titled: Group Membership. Or, start a FB group.

OP
S

Stephable

Jan 20, 2018
Australia
Parrots
Budgie
Green Cheek Conure
Thanks guys! Just thought I'd check if anything already existed! I'll have a look on fb but that does seem strange.

Raixalotto

Nov 21, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Jasper - Indian Ringneck Parrot |

Apple & Cinnamon - Black Capped Conures |

Crimson & Ruby - Crimson Bellied Conures |

Silver & Brown - King Quails
Hey!

I was just wondering if there were groups/discussions that were area specific? I'd love to make some more friends who have parrots, especially ones who live in the area and could help each other if we had any problems/needed someone to care for them while I was away.

If anyone reading this is from Australia, specifically Victoria let me know! I'd love to chat :)

Hello, I am also Australia, Victoria based. :D
And happy to talk anytime :)

Usually the most popular/easily found groups, are the location based bird sale-based ones. Of the ones that aren't - many are species oriented (IRN only, Conure only, etc.). Which is usually fine, and offer better knowledge for the particular species.

I am part of a few - 3 IRN ones - only 1 is strictly AUS based; through it deals with more of the mutations and genetics side - the other 2 are companionship based, and worldwide. There are also a few Conure ones I know of (I am also part of a keeping and breeding group for AUS based Conure breeders) but both breeding and companionship groups are available.

There are also some Bird Clubs around - but which to join could depend on where you live/are based in VIC. I haven't joined one yet - my closest one is a minimum of 2 -3 hrs away...

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts