Look what I gave my budgies!!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Ok so some of you know that I recentley got custody of my sisters budgies because she wasnt taking care of them. Well I gave them another cage upgrade!
They started with this cage(my sister got it without my knowledge)...Triple Roof Parakeet Cage by Prevue - Cages Re-Direct - Featured Products - PetSmart, which is way too small for two budgies plus the design doesnt allow for proper activity.
Then I gave my sister my spare cgae...Petco Designer Green Dome Playtop Parrot Cage at PETCO, and I moved the budgies into the living room from being locked up in my sisters room all day.
That cage was also too small but then I sold all but one of my baby green cheeks so I moved the last baby into a smaller cage.
Today I just moved my budgies into the baby cage...[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Products-Wrought-F040-31-Inch/dp/B00176F5L0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341789462&sr=8-1&keywords=prevue+pet+flight+cage"]Amazon.com: Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage with Stand F040 Black Bird Cage, 31-Inch by 20-1/2-Inch by 53-Inch: Pet Supplies[/ame]! It is perfect for them, they have plenty of room and they are playing with toys that they have never touched before. Im so glad they like it, they can actually hop/fly around in this cage!

Heres some pics of them in their new home, excuse the mess in the bottom, Ella and Sunny like to take pellet "baths" and they dumped all the pellets on the bottom.

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 763
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,445
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 967

LauraT

Jun 17, 2012
Parrots
Baxter - Senegal, Reilly - Blue Crown Conure, Robinson - Red Bellied Parrot
Wow, looks great! They must be thrilled with all the space. Quite an upgrade :)

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
That's so great! They will be sooo much happier!!!

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
They haven't explored the whole cage yet but they have started playing with toys they haven't even touched before which is kind of strange. I think the part they will like best is I gave them a big 20oz dish full of pellets so they can take "baths" easier.lol

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
That's great, what lucky little budgies : )

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Hmm, considering that for my guys too! What a neat little cage :D

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
It is a great cage, especially for 120! The only downside is it doesn't have feeder doors, but if your birds are tame(which mine aren't) it won't be a problem. Oh and it takes two people to put it together because the panels have little knobs that stick into wholes on the other panels which is a pain to do but so worth it!

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
It looks really crowded in the pics but in person there is plenty of room to fly/jump around. Ella hasn't stopped singing since I put her in there!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
That is a great cage !! I have it for my budgies too. I recently upgraded to a larger one .
I got it from Drs. Fosters and Smith , I think its called their Aviary cage...
There are a couple of things Im dissapointed with , but overall its a really nice cage.
The instructions to put it together might as well have been written in Hebrew , so we winged it and got it put together ,lolol.

The cage you have is most definitely a "budgie palace" , lolol. I bet your guys will keep busy playing with everything for a long time to come :) I enjoy pulling up a chair and watching their crazy antics :) Budgies have the most energy I have ever seen in a bird , lolol. They have the best acrobatics and the funniest personalities :)
Enjoy watching your guys , its so worth putting them in a bigger cage , the rewards are endless :)
For anybody looking at this cage for themselves , its awesome !!

Most Reactions