Looking for blender to pulverize dry pellets

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I have a ninja, but personally I would use a food processor. I have the big ninja though, the smaller ninja might work better. I use the food processor when making Rosie's chob mix and it only take a few two second pulses to turned chopped veggies into finely chopped veggies perfect for her chop mix, any longer and they turn into mush. My mom uses the food processor when making pastries, she turns almonds into a fine powder. We have the old Cuisinart brand food processor that still works like it's brand new.

cuisinart-14-cup-food-processor.jpg

Last edited:

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Does anyone have any idea for a product that I can use to pulverize my pellets into a fine powder?

I would use a herb/spice/coffee grinder. They are small, quick to use, and exceptionally easy to clean.

They're also very cheap. ;)

This^

I have a small Krupps grinder....if you want a fine powder this is the answer, and as Grenage said, they are cheap. I use mine for esspresso, but I'm sure it would do the same to pellets as it does to coffee beans. :)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Ahh, the Ninja is awesome! It chopped my pellets perfectly for some birds 'salad' I was making yesterday , and it turned them into powder in just seconds for birds bread. :)

julya

Nov 30, 2012
Parrots
Green Cheek Amazon
I think a magic bullet blender would work for you also.

OP
noblemacaw

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
While I am deciding on the food processor I am going to try to use my coffee grinder. One year for Christmas I actually got two of them. I can use the extra one for the pellets..

Thanks for the idea!!

Sassy

Jun 4, 2012
Bethlehem PA
Parrots
Neytiri -CAG 4/11/12
Scooter Pie -Caique 8/12
Butch - citronella 'too 1988
Skittles - caique 4/13
Ringo - caique 2009
Chica - caique 2006
Rascal - RBC 2001
You might also want to try a coffee grinder. I use that the grind up flax seen to sprinkle on Neytiri's food.

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
Haha whoops!! Guess I should have read ALL the replies before I posted mine! Sorry! :09:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
If no one had mentioned a coffee grinder, I, too, would have! LOL

I've used a coffee grinder to grind small pellets into powder, mix with seeds and add a small amount of water so it was 'sticky' and I could make into 'cakes' or little 'seed' balls.

After that suggestion would have been a food processor as well.

What about mixing things up for Valentino and occasionally offering steamed vegetables? Easy to steam up a quarter of a sweet potato, some diced carrots, broccoli, etc. Steam until soft, then mash it all together and you have a warm, mushy food that's healthy! Heck, you could even occasionally mix in some almond butter or something like that and feed it off of a spoon!

Most Reactions