Looking for breeder from Apple Valley

Birdman2u

Oct 17, 2018
Hello, I recently joined the forum and I'm trying find the breeder that I purchased my 2 grey from in 2002. The birds were advertised for sale in a local paper. We drove up to Apple Valley somewhere near Victorville I think.

You see , I cannot find the purchase receipts and my wife and I are moving to the UK next year and we desperately want to bring the birds with us.

I have medical records from an avian vet for both birds and the record shows the date of birth. One bird had a leg band which the vet advised me to have removed which I did.

Both birds are not chipped yet but will be before we move.

Does anyone know a bird breeder from Victorville or the Apple Valley that was keeping birds in 2002 ? Please , if you know anyone that may help us please let me know, our birds are so comfortable and settled with us I can't imagine the heartbreak of not bringing them with us.

Thank you everyone in advance !

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums! I understand your dilemma and hope you find the appropriate breeder. The internet may be your best friend. One of our members lives in the general area and may have ideas.

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I just googled that area and found several leads! I would call each one, you may get lucky! Especially the sanctuary, someone may have information!

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I asked a member living in the general area for breeder info, but he doesn't have any leads. He did mention there is a bird fair Saturday Oct. 20. If you still live a reasonable distance, might be worth the drive. https://10times.com/exotic-bird-m

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Are you certain that you need to find the breeder for anything in the first place? I know moving from country to country all depends upon the requirements of the country you're moving to, but typically they require a Certificate of Health, Vet Records, and Proof of Ownership, which is usually shown by the Vet Records. I can't imagine that you'd actually have to have the actual "Receipt for Purchase" for you birds, especially if you purchased them years ago. I would think that your Vet Records would work for their Proof of Purchase...

Have you spoken to the country that you are moving to and gotten the exact, specific list of requirements to bring them into the country you're moving to? I'm only asking because this question has come up several times before, where people were frantically trying to find the breeder of their birds because they thought that they needed something from them in order to move their birds to another country, but after contacting the authorities of the country they were moving to they realized that it was not necessary to find the breeder, instead they just needed to have a Vet check/Health Certificate, Vet Records, and have their birds "chipped" and registered in their names, and that served as their Proof of Ownership, along with the Cities...

Most Reactions