lost 3 birds

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
My heart goes out to you. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is so frightening to consider that there are so many seemingly innocuous things that can harm our birds. I hope you are ok, and I too am glad that you have your other babies to help you through this horrible time.

Kimmied

Sep 7, 2013
PA
Parrots
I have one umbrella cockatoo. A female 3 years old named Mina.
My heart breaks for you and your grays. I lost my rottie to cancer in December yet I still look for him every day. I understand your grief more than you can know. It's difficult to be there and not see the faces you expect to see. You are in no way at fault over this. Many of us don't even know about it how on earth could you. I think you need to give yourself credit for acting quickly in a crisis and saving your grays. I think they were saved so you could have comfort and healing with them. You are in my thoughts as well as your fids. Thank you so much for being brave enough to step outside your grief and share your story.

ACE209

Jul 28, 2014
Ceres, CA
Parrots
Sherlock - Blue crowned conure 10yr,
Sunny - yellow sided GCC 3yr,
Echo - yellow sided GCC 2yr,
Kiwi - Blue fronted amazon 15yr
RIP Nate - the best cockatiel
Oh man I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you very much for sharing, it couldn't have been easy.

OP
B

brdcrazy5

Sep 11, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear about your babies!!! I have canned dill pickles before years ago and I had a open kitchen next to living room where I had 3 parrots in. I didn't lose any of them though.....
I found a jar of pickles that i had done in 2006. i thought i hadn't done it before but i had and all the birds made it.
i have been reading how so many people are still struggling since their losses. i too am still really feeling responsible and a part of my soul is gone. my remaining 2 are struggling and growing so i am thankful. I agree with so many posts of that bond and the loss is worse than a human ... i have lost people friends and family,,, this is scarring more than i could ever imagine. i am so glad this place is here.. thank you all.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm so sorry, it's amazing how these tiny creatures can fill our lives and leave such huge empty spaces when they leave us. I was so touched by your thoughtfulness for others and the welfare of parrots when you posted this. I know you are still suffering, but I hope you aren't still blaming yourself. You couldn't possibly have known and finding the jar of pickles means you had used the process before with no harmful effects.

I think one reason the loss of a pet hurts so much is because we are completely responsible for their welfare.

My thoughts are with you, I wish I had words to ease your pain.

Most Reactions