Lost African Grey - South Carolina

Roanoke

Oct 30, 2014
Greenville, SC
Parrots
Teeko, GCC [Baby Amazon ETA: August 25th]
My dear friend lost her Congo African Grey parrot on the third this month. She's heartbroken. This bird used to belong to her son who passed away and means a lot to her.
If anyone in the Greenville area of SC spots or finds Elivira, please let me know or contact Cheylene. It's been cold outside lately and a tropical bird won't last long, so we need to find her quickly! Here's a link (Allowed, hopefully?) to her contact information and a picture of Elivira. Thanks.
https://greenville.craigslist.org/laf/5347727149.html

Keywords (for Google searchers, just in case!): bird, red, black, white, missing, South Carolina,
Travelers Rest, December, 2015, reward, talking, parrott, 12/3/15, found, tame, pet

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
So sorry to hear, best of luck and praying for the return.

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
I hope you find her soon. Please check out the tips for finding a lost bird and post to parrotalert911.

Dont give up. One member here lost his grey for 3 weeks and he found him.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
That would be me.

1. Get flyers out.
2. Notify the animal control people.
3, Parrot 911, and other lost pet groups.
4. Go back to the area where he was lost at first light when they vocalize, and walk the area contact calling for him.
5. Get an ad up on Craig's list, and check to see if the bird is offered for sale on Craig's list.
6. Get the local media involved, if possible.
7. Keep looking...

When i was out looking for Tusk, I actually found two CAGS and a Quaker... IN ADDITION to getting my own bird back.

They are usually found within a five mile radius of where they were lost.

I'm going through this same thing now, with my beloved greenwing... so I know how much this hurts.

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
Just noticed the date of the original post, is that date correct? Wonder if this bird was found.

Most Reactions

Latest posts