Lost b&g macaw cecil!

iselfca

May 4, 2011
The Following message is from my good friend Raymond Varella.

Cecil the Macaw is lost, went missing at my Sister's house in Pittsburg California
I sent a letter to KCRA and KOVR in Sacramento and to KGO, KPIX and KRON in San Francisco as well as KTVU in Oakland these are all tv stations, please flood their mailboxes with requests to run his story.
There is a generous reward, no questions asked
He needs to come home.
Please share this with everyone you know. And if you have a moment please email/call one or all of the above listed news channels.
Thank you,
Raymond Varella

707-642-5760 leave your number if the machine picks up.
707-643-1711 work number but no one picks up after hours or weekends, the machine will get it, once again leave your number

228925_248135481882518_100000582049748_956177_2478618_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
So wish I could help but I'm from the UK, good luck to the family finding him. I hope he returns to them safe and healthy. xo

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
You lost your b & g "Cali" before. You NEED to stop letting these birds out, free flighted.

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Oh, im sorry, this was from your friend. But still, the bird in the picture is out free flighted.

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
I hope your friend finds their bird, but also, as I always stress to people. Even trained full flighted parrots can spook at something and fly away. It is my opinion that parrots should always have flight suits on or be in a cage when they are outside.

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Or if you want to free flight your bird you could go to a gym (like in a school or church)

OP
iselfca

iselfca

May 4, 2011
opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. Keep your a-hole comments to your self. If I posted a thread about flighted birds and asked for input, that would be the time to state your opinions on the subject. How would you like it if your bird was outside and got dive bombed by a hawk or mauled by a cat and you posted the sad story and I said something like "in my opinion, you should leave your birds flighted, maybe then it would have had a chance to get away". F'in a-holes! All I'm asking people to do is spread the word around for my friend. The problem isn't flighted birds, it's ignorant people that think they are going to make $$$$$ off of a pretty bird!

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
FYI people: birds were meant to fly, I applaud those who allow their birds to truly experience what it is like to be a bird. Those that free fly are well aware of the risks. You can't always err on the side of caution at your bird's expense. Dogs get loose all the time, the answer to that isn't to tie them up to a tree. The most important thing is to reunite a member of the family when they go astray, for what ever the reason may be. Good luck to your friend I really hope they find Cecil soon.

OP
iselfca

iselfca

May 4, 2011
This is the beauty of the WINGS! For all of you that think you have a real bond with your flightless birds, this bond is strong! Real life partners stay with you by choice, not because you hold them captive!

[ame=http://youtu.be/ZREih1zjWCM]‪Cecil the Macaw and Friends flying in Moab 1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
If you post something on a forum be prepared to hear opinions. If you can't handle what others say then don't post. My opinion stands.

The problem isn't flighted birds, it's ignorant people that think they are going to make $$$$$ off of a pretty bird![/QUOTE]

If people didn't allow their birds to fly without being on a lead then people wouldn't be trying to make money off a lost one.

Or if you want to free flight your bird you could go to a gym (like in a school or church)

That is a GREAT idea! Good thinking.

OP
iselfca

iselfca

May 4, 2011
FYI people: birds were meant to fly, I applaud those who allow their birds to truly experience what it is like to be a bird. Those that free fly are well aware of the risks. You can't always err on the side of caution at your bird's expense. Dogs get loose all the time, the answer to that isn't to tie them up to a tree. The most important thing is to reunite a member of the family when they go astray, for what ever the reason may be. Good luck to your friend I really hope they find Cecil soon.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! =)
:blue:

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
I am not asking for your respect, just stating my opinion. Good luck, hope the parrot is found.

OP
iselfca

iselfca

May 4, 2011
[ame=http://youtu.be/h_kKby-_8Z0]‪Cecil the Macaw and Friends Flying in Moab 2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
My parrots are fully flighted... but they have flight suits...

OP
iselfca

iselfca

May 4, 2011
You lost your b & g "Cali" before. You NEED to stop letting these birds out, free flighted.

My bird is home safe and will continue to be a free bird. Free in his willingness to always return home, free of typical dangers and free of mental and physical heath problems. He will remain as natural as the earth. The bond is stronger than you could ever imagine, unlike the relationship with the slave you call your pet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts