Lost Turquoise Green Cheek Conure

HijinxFun

Feb 22, 2014
Southern PA
Parrots
Macgyver (Mac) - b&g macaw, Roland - gold crown conure, Hijinx (Jinx) - Turq. green cheek conure, and Cheesy - budgie
This is my first post, but I've been hanging around the forum for more than a year.

I don't know how many other parronts are located in Hanover, PA but I figure that this is one of the best places to post for anyone who might find a little green parrot.

Today around 4:15 pm my Turq. GCC, Jinx, flew out my front door (fully flighted)! We searched as much as possible on foot, but didn't see (or hear her) anywhere within a mile radius or so of the house. She has a purple band on her right leg-I'm not sure of the numbers though.

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help me find her!

Here are some pictures just in case:

hijinxfun-albums-my-fids-picture14167-img-20140924-155458617-hdr.jpg

hijinxfun-albums-my-fids-picture14166-img-20141028-161948132.jpg

hijinxfun-albums-my-fids-picture14165-20140522-213918.jpg

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Try putting the cage outside with a door open. If you use a cage cover put that out too. There's a thread with tips to help bring them home but I don't know how to post the link for you. One person here has recovered many if not all escapees.

OP
H

HijinxFun

Feb 22, 2014
Southern PA
Parrots
Macgyver (Mac) - b&g macaw, Roland - gold crown conure, Hijinx (Jinx) - Turq. green cheek conure, and Cheesy - budgie
Thanks for the cage idea and thanks Flboy for posting that link for me!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
If you can finds recordings of green cheeked conures flock calling and put them outside on loud, that would be wise, as well as the suggestion of the cage. Usually lost parrots hit the ground in two to four days, when they are too hungry and dehydrated to fly, and usually theyu are within a mile from home. Post on your local pet pages on Facebook, call all vet offices, rescues, pounds, shelters, pet stores, etc in your area and leave your name, number, and a description. Alert your neigbors and ask for permission to check their yards daily. PUT UP FLIERS all over your area, and put them up thick, not just one in every corner, but as many as you can. Good luck! We are rooting for you!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm sorry to hear your gorgeous little GCC is lost. Sending hope for her safe return.

Most Reactions

Latest posts