loud baby birds...

havergara

May 29, 2011
Parrots
Behave & Buchog (Blue-Nape Parrots)

Prince & Princess (Cockatiels)
is it normal for baby birds to be loud?

i checked their crops to see if their out of food but it is still full...

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
I am pretty sure it is normal for all babies to be loud. ;)

OP
havergara

havergara

May 29, 2011
Parrots

thank you!

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
A well fed contented baby is normally quiet & shouldn't make much noise at all until feeding time. If a baby isn't emptying out & has say a crop infection yes they can be very stressed & be very noisy.

Some baby birds are real whingers like the lorikeets & ringnecks. I am not able to comment on the Blue Naps as i have never raised them.

OP
havergara

havergara

May 29, 2011
Parrots

thanks sir pedro...

i have another question, there are times that one of my baby parrots get too noisy even if its crops are full, then after awhile, it will stop and i have observed that its crop went small..

does the crop take time before filling its stomach again? have you encountered this already?

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Normally when a chick is fed & has a full crop they will carry on for a little before they settle down to sleep, probably about for 30 minutes. It's also a good idea while they a small to cover their cage so they can sleep after feeding, they will settle quicker as well. I always keep my babies in a quiet dark room until they are ready to venture out on their own.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I agree with what Pedro said....Most of the babies I raised quiet down after feeding except some.

OP
havergara

havergara

May 29, 2011
Parrots

what i did with mine is that a wrapped their cage with a thick cloth, in this way, this can also add some temperature...

OP
havergara

havergara

May 29, 2011
Parrots

yeah i did... i went to the garage and looked for that old speaker box i used before... the box is not painted so, that's okay right?

Most Reactions