Lae.

Jul 10, 2023
Parrots
Lovebird
My lovebird is almost a years old. She is currenltly feeling sick, she is not eating and only do drinking. She fluff up her fur and becomes so clingy to humans (which usually doesnt do). Her droppings is only white I assume that because she doesnt eats. It has been a day... please help I dont have any access to vet..

Attachments

• 20230711_085924.jpg
    20230711_085924.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 17

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My lovebird is almost a years old. She is currenltly feeling sick, she is not eating and only do drinking. She fluff up her fur and becomes so clingy to humans (which usually doesnt do). Her droppings is only white I assume that because she doesnt eats. It has been a day... please help I dont have any access to vet..
Do you have access to any kind of exotic vet? A bird that stops eating is ill and desperately needs medical attention!
Here’s our avian vet thread:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
None of us are avian vets so if your lovebird seems sick (not eating, poop changes, behavior changes) the only correct thing to do is take her to an avian vet ASAP. Don't wait for her to get sicker, wondering if you're imagining it. You know your bird and you see that she's not herself in a bad way. Waiting just gives her illness time to get worse, not better usually. Many common bird illnesses can be effectively treated if you don't wait until she's falling off her perch from weakness! Keep us posted.

OP
L

Lae.

Jul 10, 2023
Parrots
Lovebird
Do you have access to any kind of exotic vet? A bird that stops eating is ill and desperately needs medical attention!
Here’s our avian vet thread:
I dont think we have any vet here because most animals here are not vaccinated or anything.

Most Reactions