Lucy!

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Even named his mac Mackenzie

I am not super MAC smart, but every once in awhile I find myself telling my MAC its Mactastic. I know, I know. lol

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
i say mactastic too LOL then mike will make a joke that i can't post here cause the word is inappropriate.... and it's not a laptop it's a MACtop! lol

mnsalani

May 18, 2011
Media
Kentucky
Parrots
Sushi, our femme fatale SI Ekkie
Yeah, Jake's obsession is a bit over kill sometimes. He says my giant clunky toshiba is inadequate! Psssh, I don't even know how to work his dear, sweet Mackenzie!

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
LOL I love my Mac and I love my boyfriend's PC too... it makes me drool... lol he's going to revamp my mac though ;)

I think i'm going to get Lucy an old Mac tower from my high school and gut it for her to play in :) One of the big clunky clear ones. Take all the metal out and just leave the plastic shell :)

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
**UPDATE**

Lucy is now fully weaned and I'll be able to bring her home this weekend!! :D I'm so excited!! Many many pictures will be taken haha
Just have to get the new apartment cleaned and disinfected before bringing her home, we're about half way done :) <3

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Thanks! I saw a cinnamon this weekend and immediately thought of your midori! haha my boyfriend wants a cinnamon now too LOL she really is a beautiful little conure!

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
Omg, I was at a show this past Sunday myself, and saw some tiiiny little baby black caps all in pin feathers and thought of you. xD I didn't want to sound like a creeper sharing that, haha.

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Haha it's ok, I'm on the forum so much I go to the petstore and think "ooh! soandso has this kind of bird!" so then i start playing with it to see what that member sees in that kind of bird ^^ Call me crazy or weird... lol I don't think it's creepy I think it's neat! :D

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Well! The time has come! We're ready to bring Lu home ^^ It's just a matter of driving to get her. We're thinking we'll get her on Sunday on our way back down to Carolina

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
I won't be here when you get back with her, so my congrats is going to have to be a bit early! :D YAY!

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Well Lil' Lucy is home :) and likes to eat our hands! haha we're working on keeping her from biting on skin and she's enjoying her new home :) Pictures to come!!

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
RIP Pi - Sun Conure 02/06/11 - 09/10/11
Congrats! I want to see pics, yes pls and some also of the fantabulous cage you set up for her. ^^

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
I'll take some pics after work today ^^ She's at home right now, I put my laptop on my dresser next to her cage and have my iTunes going for her. I think some time to herself in the apartment to settle down will be good for her :) After lunch she's coming to work with me though ^^ I'm so happy to have her home!

mnsalani

May 18, 2011
Media
Kentucky
Parrots
Sushi, our femme fatale SI Ekkie
Lucy sounds amazing! Congrats!! And more pictures please! She's just too cute not to look at!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Hurray! So happy for you to finally have Lucy home! :)

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Thanks to you both! I have a question though! she's very chewy, chewing on everything. (as expected lol) but she does this thing where she stands on one foot, fluffs up her head and stretches one wing behind her, her tail isn't fanned out. any ideas? lol

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Congratulations on getting Lucy home!

I'd say, yea...she's just stretching, my birds do it all the time, first one wing, then the other, often they really get into it, straighten out the same leg as the wing they're stretching, open and close their little foot.

I know you are going to enjoy your Lucy as much as we are enjoying our Franklin. He's TRYING to talk but I can't distiguish what he's saying yet, however it's the cutest thing, he walks up toward my ear and starts talking, not loud, just normal talking voice he says one phrase and I'm just not sure what it is yet.

Every day, I say to him, well all of them, I Loovvveee Youuuuu and make a dramatic kissing sound. Franklin is catching on, when I say I looovvvveeee youuuuu, he ends it with the kissing sound :D

He's 3 months old tomorrow and we've had him 2 weeks.

And for those wondering, Franklin is really quiet, my male tiel makes WAAAYYYYY more racket then our yellow sided green cheek.

Can't wait to see more pictures!

Toni

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Thanks! haha we figured she was just stretching, we just wanted to be sure though :) she seems to be settling in quite well! she greeted me this morning :) a little sqwak and tilt of the head. she likes cuddling up in my shirt at the office! she's a hit! haha everyone loves her already, she's been munching on pumpkin seeds, millet, and fresh greenbeans all morning :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts