:D

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
here's another one from the office lol she's preening my chair... lol I put a fleece blanket on the back of my chair and she's cuddled up on my shoulder under my brown shirt preening the blanket LOL

Photo10.jpg

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
RIP Pi - Sun Conure 02/06/11 - 09/10/11
Aww! So precious! I may put a blanket over the back of my chair now and see how Pi likes it.

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
haha it's a kitten fleece blanket from petco. she just woke up from a nap lol actually got some work done without her bouncing back and forth from my desk to my arm LOL she fell asleep inside my shirt, she's so warm! her feet are super warm too!! haha

she's on my shoulder under my shirt again lol i hear her beak grinding... i think work for mom means naptime for lu lol

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
Pi isn't mellow enough for that. She wants to climb all over my head while I'm at the computer and then if the phone rings she gets in a hissy because I have to put her on top of her cage. lol

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
haha lu is the same way. i think she just got warm and i was petting her constantly and all wrapped up in a dark place seemed like a good time for a birdie nap LOL she's preening my hair and her feathers now lol i just love her! :D :rainbow1:

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
I just gave Pi a bath and let her climb back up onto my shoulder. Sometimes she hangs off the front of my shirt like a brooch. Its so funny. Right now she's tucked up under my hair, grinding her beak.

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Lu in all her glory lol
_DSC0284edited.jpg

blast! foiled again! (with millet!)
_DSC0278edited.jpg

jailbird :p
_DSC0280edited.jpg

ok it's not really a jail ^^
_DSC0282edited.jpg

it's quite roomy for her lol
_DSC0279edited.jpg

and she's got a thingie to swing from too, soon there will be a parrot swing here... going to get one tonight after work and her 3 day checkup ^^
_DSC0281edited.jpg

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
thanks ^^ I love my little conure. she makes me so very happy

mnsalani

May 18, 2011
Media
Kentucky
Parrots
Sushi, our femme fatale SI Ekkie
You two look adorable together! And she sounds like she's getting spoiled already--which is always a a good thing;)

Congrats again!

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
haha she's spoiled excessively in moderation ;) LOL she's such a cutie. I just got a text "bird likes peaches. a lot. she licked a slice and snatched it... we need more peaches."

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
also, Lucy jumped off her cage for the first time today. I was making a hotdog in the kitchen and heard a *flutter**sqwak**thwump* i looked into the bedroom, looked to my boyfriend and he said
"bird went m.i.a?"
"yup, bird went m.i.a"
*scritch scritch scritch* *SQWAK!*
there's lucy, peeking out from behind the sofa in the bedroom staring us down with those baby brown eyes.
*sqwak!*
we called her to us just to see if she'd really come. every 3 steps she'd sqwak her cute little happy sqwak and we'd call her "'mere lucy! come on! time for lunch!" she followed us all the way to the living room, climbed up the couch (not fly, climbed) and sat on the arm rest for lunch today :)

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
That is so cute! Pi launches herself at my desk chair if I don't sit back far enough for her to just hop from her cage.

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
haha well, it was funny because we knew it'd only be a matter of time before she jumped, we had no idea she liked us and trusted us that much already to follow us across 3 different types of floors without hesitation :)

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
If I didn't have a cat and a dog to worry about, I'd let Pi walk across the floor. So far Tasha and Courage have just ignored her but I don't know how they'd react to a small prey sized critter walking around the house.

OP
andrea.faerie

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
i bet. the dragons aren't too interested in her. I still won't let them out at the same time though. Even though lucy is the same size (maybe a bit bigger) than Osiris, I still don't want to risk him thinking "mmm chicken wings" lol

Scotty T

May 26, 2011
Parrots
Red Factor Sun Conure
Haha, thats crazy! Id be so scared with other pets living at home. Its only me and baby. I was making a sandwich in the kitchen today and little baby flys around the corner and lands on my shoulder and snuggles with me while I'm making a sandwich. What a great feeling.

Most Reactions