Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Just a quick update on Luna:) These were taken last night.

She is continuing to get new feathers on her chest, and so far is leaving all her feathers alone. She did lose 2 tail feathers, but they were old, tattered feathers and is moulting so hopefully that's all it was.

dccd8d49-db85-4125-a41e-7b06c61c650d_zpsshavd16u.jpg

8e559e89-3185-42b3-81bd-070de59ed700_zps89fpeuvx.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Terry! What an amazing improvement! Luna looks beautiful!

With pluckers, parronts are not always given such an easily discernible sign that they are doing all the right things. They have to just do all they can, love their birds unconditionally, and hope for the best. But seeing the regrowth of all those feathers? The feeling you get seeing that must be priceless.

You are doing a wonderful job with her, Terr.

LaurenB

Oct 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure - Tiki //
Sun Conure - Nacho //
Indian Ringnecks - Kermit and Beaker
That is so amazing! That is so touching to see her recovering like that. I am so happy this precious bird found you to give her a great life!!

Meikasbirdhouse

Aug 17, 2016
Edmonton alberta
Parrots
GWM, CAG, Alex, Tiel, MM, SM, LD, MP, Rosella, YSC, BCC, IRN, RRP, LB, Budgie, DC, Senegals, SC, U2, WEC, PFC, RCL, YNA, NC, canaries, finches, doves and fosters x 60
I love that she almost looks like a bird again!! As opposed to the chicken nugget look she had when she first came to us!!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I love that she almost looks like a bird again!! As opposed to the chicken nugget look she had when she first came to us!!

Janine, I am so thrilled at how far she came in your care before she joined our flock and hope we can keep it going. It takes a village:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
That is so amazing! That is so touching to see her recovering like that. I am so happy this precious bird found you to give her a great life!!

Thank you Lauren, we feel lucky to have her:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts