Macaw bonded with wrong person

xoauderiiox

Nov 8, 2013
pa
Parrots
Tookie the scarlet macaw!
Hello, me and my boyfriend just got a scarlet macaw. she apparently prefers men but was doing great with me the first 2 days as well. Now she is in complete love with my boyfriend who by no means wants her to do that. She gets all upset when he leaves and will answer to him and not me. I am the one taking care of her is there any way she can pick again or switch? I've heard they can but it seems hopeless? any advice or comments?? THANKS!:red1::confused::(

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Its not a easy task once they pick their person! As long as you bf is visiting, nothing you can do about that really. This is how I got Lola as they were having the same issue with her. As I have no issues with her what so ever.

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Our grey was my partner's bird for many many years and then one day he just changed and decided our son was his favorite person. It was both funny and disturbing because my son wanted nothing to do with him.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Oh don't I know it...when Willie went through his major hormone at 10 years old. I was his favorite person until he was 10 then he pick one of the dogs over me and attacked me. He's better now days as he no longer attack me like that and no longer going towards the dogs like he was. He loves them but not like during his hormone period.

Most Reactions