Macaw Diet

NoTx

Jul 25, 2007
Hi guys. Just wondering what type of food you feed your macaws. Seed/pellets and what brand. Or if anyone mixes their own.
I don't mean snacks, just the staple food. Trying to get my B&G girl on a better diet and would like some ideas. Pellets just seem so 'boring' since our birdies have much better taste buds than we do, but I want to make sure she's getting what she needs. :)

Thanks

Sarah

Well my girl is a lot smaller than yours... we feed our Hahns Nutriberries in the morning, Omar's Premium Blend in the afternoon, and a variety from the kitchen at night...

OP
Flyte

Flyte

Jun 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw, Madison;
Yellow Naped Amazon, Rocky;
Timneh African Grey, Tyler
I hope above all that your health improves and you get back to us really fast!:)
I may have missed it in some post or if you haven't mentioned it and if you want to share it with us, what is going wrong with your health?
I had 3 major surgeries last year, intestinal problems. Now I probably need my gall bladder removed as well. So, I'm just in a lot of pain and actually quite eager for the surgery.
I wish I could take my babies with me, they'd have so much fun with the beeps and whistles and huge bags of liquids to throw at people..
Oh well, all I can do is hang pictures of them by my bed and call my mom to ask how they are every 5 minutes.
You know whats really neat? After my first surgery, when I was strong enough to go visit the birds in their room, I lifted my shirt to show my macaw the incision. It looked really scary with staples and such. She looked at it and said 'OW! Boo-Boo' lol. She usually says that when she gets hurt or is pretending she got hurt for attention. They always amaze me.
Thanks for wishing me well:)

Sarah

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Good Luck to ya Sarah, I sure do hope that your back with your babies, and us real soon. Just get well fast. Good Luck with the surgery. We'll be thinking of you and sending you all our best wishes. :D

pamcor57

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
Parrots
B&G Macaws &
Parakeets
Our B&G loves Zupreem Fruit Flavored Pellets. ALso, the dried Bananas, Mango and pineapple. You can find many things to pick from from the website Drs. Fosters and Smith. They also have the lowest prices you can find. Also a good fresh Organic veggie mix. A treat is Cornbread, peanut butter and a nut topping. And a array of fresh "roasted" nuts.

arando

Oct 24, 2011
south africa Pretoria
Parrots
blue & gold macaw
Riley gets a mixture of white sunflower seed, dried fruit and nuts, i also give him fresh fruit and veggies everyday + clean water - is that ok?

Most Reactions

Latest posts