macaw owners

patterson

Nov 3, 2010
belfast, northern ireland
Parrots
vincent-b/g macaw archie-alexandrine and coming in june greenwing macaw and millitary macaw this year too fingers crossed
hey guys just little info needed my blue gold vincent is bout 5 to 6 months old everytime he comes to sit on me hes never away from my mouth lol just wandering why this is he constantly licking and at my mouth any info be great thanks kyle

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
lol....this isn't restricted to macaws!

Cal is like this. I've had to teach her it's ok to go around my mouth and I'll only do kisses when I know my lips are dry.

When she first started bonding with me, she'd have had her whole head in there if I'd have allowed it. (Even worse when she spotted I wore a tounge bar....omg...)

Even now she will try and regurgitate onto my mouth! Nice.....thankfully she rarely brings anything up, it's just the demonstration of "I love you" she likes to put across, not actually going to the trouble of parting with her food! :D

It took a while but I was successful in setting the boundary. We have bacteria in our mouths that is harmful to our fids so it was best to discourage it, really. She's now happy with above my mouth, my chin and has a sweet fixation with my dimples lol.

Hope that helped!

OP
patterson

patterson

Nov 3, 2010
belfast, northern ireland
Parrots
vincent-b/g macaw archie-alexandrine and coming in june greenwing macaw and millitary macaw this year too fingers crossed
thanks yea i know he never gets in my mouth just my lips hes a wee bugger sometimes lol

Most Reactions