Mac's second bath for the day............

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I took him in the shower with me this morning, but it seems he didn't think he was clean enough so he decided to climb into his water bowl and finish the job.

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
He's telling you that you need to give him a better shower next time! LoL! :)

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Ianto-10yr old M. YN-Amazon,
Toshiko - 10yr old F. YN-Amazon (Mated pair)
Don't you love when they do that? My female amazon is always bathing in the water bowl, even after shower. She likes to stick her head up side down into the bowl and splash all over the place. She ends when she is thoroughly dripping all over the place and sporting a feather mo-hawk.

ScottRoberts

Sep 25, 2011
Valdosta Georgia
Parrots
African Grey named Buddy and Marty
re-homed from rescues both are about 5 years old.
Hey All,

I'm new to the parrot world and I have a question. How do you give your bird a shower? I would think a regular shower head would be too strong.

Thanks for answering my newbee question.

Scott:grey:

thebirdnerd

Dec 28, 2010
Parrots
Whitefaced Pied Male Tiel- official greeter at the Rainbow Bridge, forever in our hearts,
Turquoise Mutation IRN,
Congo African Grey- please come home to us,
Blue mutation IRN
I usually just put the birds in the tub and use a spray bottle set on a fine mist. They like to walk around the tub. I recently purchased a shower perch so we'll see how that works.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Hey All,

I'm new to the parrot world and I have a question. How do you give your bird a shower? I would think a regular shower head would be too strong.

We've got one of those adjustable shower heads. :)

mygirl

Banned
Banned
Oct 4, 2010
Parrots
Female Eclectus
we have one of them hoses you put in the bath ahe loves it

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
Hey All,

if your birds never has never had a shower before, introduce the concept, by letting them see you in it!! my nut was petrified with even the sound of the shower! but after watchin us us it a few times, she's decided its perfectly safe an lurves the sound of the water

an lol mike i love it when nut uses the water bowl, even funnier when she tries using the smaller bowl i put in for her to dunk with (though i hate the splashes on my windows lol)

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I like to wear a parrot-proof necklace for Puck to hold on to, and just walk in! I just try to be careful not to keep his head under the stream of water, so he can breathe.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I have the water pressure turned down quite a bit and wear a T-shirt which keeps him from sliding off of my shoulder.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I hold mine on my arms and use my other arm to back them up during shower. They don't have a good grip. For my Cockatoo, I use a perch and she does great!

Most Reactions