Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
My hubby helped me make a birdie playgym last night. :) It's not quite finished, I ran out of vetwrap, have to get some more to finish covering it. I also bought a couple bowls today to add on to it.

400355_10150511193049527_541749526_8691141_291854776_n.jpg

404258_10150511193369527_541749526_8691142_1728426491_n.jpg

This picture River is really blurry, he wouldn't stop bouncing around lol.

408856_10150511193619527_541749526_8691143_1819415227_n.jpg

We have enough PVC and connectors left, I'm going to make a tabletop T stand and a T stand for in the shower for when Pepper arrives. (River prefers his water bowl lol)

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
this looks great! and he sounds like he was having a great time on it :)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
You are absolutely so clever the two of you. Is that vet wrap on the PVC? How much will you charge me for one of those and how long did it take you to make it?

come on pepper!!!!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
It looks very nice and I'm sure both birds will love it:)

Spiritbird, they aren't too hard to make. I would have to think the shipping might be prohibitive though or I'd make you one. I still have some glue leftover that hasn't hardened yet from doing Pete's shower perch and my hot water heater. You can buy a hand held PVC cutter for not much money. Although, go for like a $7 one rather than a $3 one, as you really do get what you pay for. The super cheap ones are a total pain and take forever. Do you know anyone with a power miter saw? You can cut and assemble really fast then.

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Very nice!! Good job momma. : )

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
You are absolutely so clever the two of you. Is that vet wrap on the PVC? How much will you charge me for one of those and how long did it take you to make it?

come on pepper!!!!

Thanks! Actually, we got the basic idea from a link you posted sometime back in the summer. I remembered seeing it and searched for it. Then we just changed it a bit with our own ideas and did the base with wheels instead of an open pvc frame. The tiles we got lucky and there were leftovers in a box in the closet from when the previous owners refloored the bathroom.

Yes, that's vetwrap on the pvc. I went to get more today and they were out of that particular pattern. They were getting a delivery today, I sure hope they get more so it will all match! If they don't there are some other tractor supply stores I can call to see if they have any.

I wouldn't charge you anything to make it if you just got the supplies, but I bet the shipping would be bad. Unless you had a way to come get it. I bet a second version would turn out even better than the first. Although, for a first try I don't think we did to bad. It took maybe a few hours? But that wasn't working steadily though, kind of a leisurely build lol.

AVM

Oct 11, 2011
CA
Parrots
Female sun conure-Phoenix
Good job! that looks great! and I think your conure loves it! :)

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
I called tractor supply today to see if they had gotten in any more of that particular vetwrap pattern. They got one pack, and set it back for me. Really happy, I was hoping to be able to finish it with the same color. Added a couple bowls last night. :)

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
That's awesome! I need to do this for Puck. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts