Malachai's New House!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I got this cage off craigslist for $50, needed a lot of cleaning, new dishes, new perches, and new toys. After cleaning it came out pretty good. Much better house for Malachai!!!!

2011-10-31_18-55-11_113.jpg

2011-10-31_18-54-57_661.jpg

melinda

Aug 10, 2011
TN
Parrots
5 year old cockatoo Chloe and 3 year old sun conure Joe Joe
Khloe 15 year old orange wing amazon
I had the same cage for my sun conure when i first got him. I enjoyed the cage but got it use too. It lasted for a year and all the paint came off it and i didn't know how to refinish them at the time so endded up giving it away. I loved how big they are you can put lots of toys in them.

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Im using steam heat to sanitize, no scrubbing with scrub pads what so ever. We'll see how long its gonna last...

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Yea it was a quick fix cause we needed one now and can not wait so it was perfect!

melinda

Aug 10, 2011
TN
Parrots
5 year old cockatoo Chloe and 3 year old sun conure Joe Joe
Khloe 15 year old orange wing amazon
Yea it was a great find and had i took the time to learn how to refinish it i would still have it. I gave $100 for mine used and nasty so you got a great deal

BirdieNumNum

Oct 19, 2011
NY/NJ
Parrots
1 Pineapple GCC
2 Cockatiels
2 Budgies
Wow that is awesome!!!! I wish people around here sold huge flight cages for $50 :D What a steal!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
The toys, perches, and dishes cost $75.00 so that brings the grand total to $125 after all is said and done. I need to put in a swing for him, he loves them. :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I have two big ones in the living room and one in the hallway upstairs, got rid of a table so I can put it there, another one in dining room. The smaller one I keep my baby Tiels in, I keep that cage on a stand. I was being told last night that we need to downsize our dining table to make room. Our table takes a lot of room and we rarely have guest over to eat on it, was told to cut down to 4 person round table instead of a 6 person rectangle table that we have also with two leaf inserts to make room for 8. So it seems like we have new furniture every so many years....lol....we've been together for 8 years and we've gone through 2 set of bedroom furniture, 2 set of living room, and many other furniture....

usamimi

Oct 30, 2011
North GA
Parrots
Kevin the Congo African Grey (DNA'd F) and Ra the Sun Conure
man, I need to check CL more often. Awesome find.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
That's exactly what I want for Puck! Jealous! :-D

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I see multiple ads with the same cage priced anywhere from $135-150. This lady wanted more but I offered $50 and she said yes. Its only a temporary cage for now, didn't want to pay too much for something im gonna change again. Even my birds cages been changed twice in the last 8 years...

Most Reactions