Mango May Be Coming Home

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
So as many of you know, the sun conure I had been fostering and considered adopting, I let go to a new home so I had room to continue fostering.

Since he's moved on, I've fostered and tamed down a brown throat conure and a pineapple green cheek. However, my fostering may be coming to an end because Mango may be coming back.

Apparently, the lady that took him got him home and he went nuts. He wouldn't let anyone near him, he was lunging at anyone that came close, and after a few weeks, she decided he just wasn't happy there so she brought him back to the rescue.

Even the rescue couldn't do much with him. He wouldn't step up, and if he came out of the cage, he flew away from everyone. I went over there tonight, he stepped right up and snuggled against me while I gave him scritches. He is going to meet another perspective family this weekend, but I wad told if she doesn't think it will be a good fit, he is coming back to me. Which if he does, that leaves no room for anymore fosters, but we'll see how it goes. I'll know Sunday night whether he is coming home or not.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Sounds to me that he has bonded with you :02: How long was he in your care?

Jim

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Ah bless Mango has decided on his forever home. Can he not stay as he loves you and doesn't sound like he wants to be anywhere else? Sorry rooting for Mango to come home to you. #parrot whisperer LOL

OP
OutlawedSpirit

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
He can stay, if here is where he's meant to be. I just thought since he was such a good little guy with us, that he would easily find another loving home, so I would have the space to work with a foster. But if here is where he really belongs, here is where he'll stay.

OP
OutlawedSpirit

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Sounds to me that he has bonded with you :02: How long was he in your care?

Jim

We had him 3 or 4 weeks, I think. I wouldn't mind having him back, he's a good boy. I had just hoped to leave the "spot" open for more fosters or to give a permanent home to another special needs bird, like Tiki. Although, I guess the spot is well used if Mango won't let anyone else really handle him.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sounds like Mango has already made up his mind. Lol! You're doing a great job with your fosters and permanent flock members alike. Really making a difference in their lives. Any pics of Mango?

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Early Bird Green Cheek Conure
Hatch Date 3-2016
I'm voting for mango to stay with you, sounds like Mango has chosen where he wants to be!

CherylCali

OP
OutlawedSpirit

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
This was the last time mango was here. He was munching on a French fry. They're not good for them, but he only got a piece of one, and they were baked, not fried

f485e4c6af1b8554a2a041a45088b437.jpg

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Early Bird Green Cheek Conure
Hatch Date 3-2016
This was the last time mango was here. He was munching on a French fry. They're not good for them, but he only got a piece of one, and they were baked, not fried

f485e4c6af1b8554a2a041a45088b437.jpg

Mango is a preettttyy baby! Good for him getting a little fry! No wonder he loves you ♡♡♡

CherylCali

Most Reactions