March 2021 POTM Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
First some JFF Baby Bumble

Her first day home, 7 weeks old, overwhelmed by her giant cage

9481bffd0aa00f8abcf9a337be204234.jpeg

Letting me know who’s in charge of this family

b5f2de6e839289697219c5914ac0399e.jpeg

Showing everyone how pretty she can be
c99f39ce6b5b7cbfb51d49e12ecce6b4.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an enchanting baby Bumble, indescribably cute. She's a goodwill ambassador for parrotlets!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Inger, 33?! That is tiny! Little darling obviously makes up for size with that huge personality. I truly adore little Bumble. Cuteness overload all the time! [emoji3590] :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
And Bummy’s official entry. Look at her little pink beaksie! Parrotlets start out like that and as they get a little older it turns, well I don’t know how to describe the color but not pink. [emoji170] She still occasionally uses these link as perches.

889886fd7b4a1f39d4b02d8e610caf07.jpeg

OMG Inger she was so tiny!! Lilly has some links like that but I'm not sure if she'd have been able to perch in them even at her tiniest. What a precious little jewel she is, I love this pic, thank you!

She’s still that tiny! She weighs around 33 grams. Tiny little terror!

Geez Inger, at about the 44-45 gram mark, Lilly is a positive heifer compared to Bumble!!

You may be familiar with this image of HRH from October 2020...

KZU5I1P.jpg

(*actual likeness, no photographic enhancement!)

I don't know about you, but in my experience the tinier the bird the more likely she is to really want to throw her weight around. I hope Bumble is better behaved for you than La Principessa is for me!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hmmm, that's likely because 'big' birds never give it any consideration, they just stump in and though whatever is in front of them. Especially if you consider it to some degree important!

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
OMG Inger she was so tiny!! Lilly has some links like that but I'm not sure if she'd have been able to perch in them even at her tiniest. What a precious little jewel she is, I love this pic, thank you!

Geez Inger, at about the 44-45 gram mark, Lilly is a positive heifer compared to Bumble!!

You may be familiar with this image of HRH from October 2020...

KZU5I1P.jpg

(*actual likeness, no photographic enhancement!)

I don't know about you, but in my experience the tinier the bird the more likely she is to really want to throw her weight around. I hope Bumble is better behaved for you than La Principessa is for me!!

Hahaha love that “actual” photo of HRH. When I was researching what kind of parrot was right for me, one of the things I read about parrotlets was that they were giant, fearless birds in a tiny package. Have been dog mom to 2 Chihuahuas, I thought “oh I know how that works!” And that was that. She definitely runs the place. But she does it with such a cute little face!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
And Bummy’s official entry. Look at her little pink beaksie! Parrotlets start out like that and as they get a little older it turns, well I don’t know how to describe the color but not pink. [emoji170] She still occasionally uses these link as perches.

Bumsie I have no words..too cute for her own feathers! I love the middle pic looking like she is giving mumsie an earful lol. 16.15 Bumbles would equal 1 Amy and 3 Bummies 1 Beebers

Jim

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

Bumsie I have no words..too cute for her own feathers! I love the middle pic looking like she is giving mumsie an earful lol. 16.15 Bumbles would equal 1 Amy and 3 Bummies 1 Beebers

Jim
Oooooooo, Bumble math! Okay, one Baxter is just shy of 20 Bumbles, but likely half as feisty :) Multiply by the square root of Tucker... Carry the 2... Hee hee hee!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hahaha love that “actual” photo of HRH. When I was researching what kind of parrot was right for me, one of the things I read about parrotlets was that they were giant, fearless birds in a tiny package. Have been dog mom to 2 Chihuahuas, I thought “oh I know how that works!” And that was that. She definitely runs the place. But she does it with such a cute little face!

Well Inger, you and I both know how it is, it’s those tiny little feisty females you really gotta watch :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Holy Moly, Inger, I have that very same orange ball thingie, except that mine is blue, so I know exactly how TINY we're talkin' here! A well-trained pair would make lovely earrings.

LaMartina, I love that photo of HRH in her full demonic regalia. She seems rather surprised to have been caught red-handed... red-winged... in it!

Yeah, those little girls have to be watched. I'm a big one... 5'10"... in my college basketball days I was considered very tall. Not many tiny chicks made it on the teams, but when they did, GOOD GLORY, they were impossible to defend against, darting around between your ankles, and the crowd would boo you into the locker-room if you got too "assertive" with the little "cuties".... BEWARE, everybody, BEWARE!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Brilliant theme for a contest, Martina! And the entries are already most impressive! Loving it, my friend! Catch up time!

Official entry.

My first clutch of Cockatiels 17 days old.

3 babys 17 daysbywes mcfaden,on Flickr

And a beautiful clutch it is! Wow, what a sweet bunch!

JUST FOR FUN!!!

Oh Dear… I have not been here since ages. What have I been missing. :XD

Hi everyone… How have you all been doing?

Thank you for a wonderful month my Dear. ^_^ **Hgus** *CHUUUUUUU***

KISE: “Mom…Why are you upside down????”

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jBwe5eDJna9juBpK9

IMG 0887 - YouTube

Kise was a baby... :D

heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture20793-baby-kise.jpg

Ahhhhhhh, you know I love me some Kise! Looks like she was always this gorgeous, eh?

Where do I begin....................Just for fun! (official entry will come later

Being a breeder there's not many occasions when I don't have youngin's in the nests!
Here's a few little beauties I've bred, Ringneck Doves, Green cheeks, Bourkes, Gouldians and Ruddies

6o9dLxN.jpg

25925d1614651690-march-2021-potm-contest-5555555.jpg

hZSxNsb.jpg

SIH4Rzu.jpg

mjYTnMA.jpg

Hahahahaha! This month's theme seems tailor made for you, Noah! Cuteness overload!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Just for fun, Goffins babies!!

Squeaky, hatched with abnormal upper beak. Spent several weeks as young adult with prosthesis to reshape. One and done, perfectly normal since!
TDBuhlz.jpg

Profile of Abby, full crop.
XtyJqFs.jpg

Feeding time for Gabby!!
HbBQZtP.jpg

Scott, I always look forward to baby pics of those sweet goffins! And it never fails to amaze me how well Squeaky's beak turned out despite all expectations to the contrary! Just amazing!

Reflections of Innocence!
Meisha-Baby-Photo-Hailo.png

At eight months, Meisha was fully figured when she became a, +1.
My resources are limited.

Entry Classification: Funzie

Hahahahaha! This shot is awesome! Loving the halo over Meisha's head! She may have been fully feathered at this point, but she was very much your baby!

Here is a JFF of BB ( origonally known as Baby Bird now just Beebs) heres a pic of him as a young scamp :p

Jim

25936d1614802703-march-2021-potm-contest-img_0731.jpg

Look at lil' Mini-Beebs, there! The poster child for innocence!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Here is Pikachu, when he was just an egg with a face
laurasea-albums-pikachu-picture23313-20210303-144926.jpg

What a beautiful shot!!! Pikachu really looks like a little Pokemon in this pic! I love it!

First some JFF Baby Bumble

Her first day home, 7 weeks old, overwhelmed by her giant cage

9481bffd0aa00f8abcf9a337be204234.jpeg

Letting me know who’s in charge of this family

b5f2de6e839289697219c5914ac0399e.jpeg

Showing everyone how pretty she can be
c99f39ce6b5b7cbfb51d49e12ecce6b4.jpeg

Okay, I love all of these Bumble pics... but that first one with her hiding in the cup just melts me! Nice!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Wow! She's so tiny! I don't think it hit me before seeing this exact pic... and your post about her weight. 33 grams?!? Seriously?!? One day when my son went a little crazy feeding them almonds between meals, my ekkies gained close to that amount! 33 grams. Wow!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts