March POTM Contest 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
First time i ever laid my eyes on gabby. i took this pix..he stole me heart that day the sadness his eyes gave off was enough for me to make a difference in this guys life..thougj his life parrished in a fire on dec 23. 2017..i will never forgot the joy this little guy gave me.or the joy i gave him.

Attachments

• 20151127_130652.jpg
    20151127_130652.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 233
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
First time i ever laid my eyes on gabby. i took this pix..he stole me heart that day the sadness his eyes gave off was enough for me to make a difference in this guys life..thougj his life parrished in a fire on dec 23. 2017..i will never forgot the joy this little guy gave me.or the joy i gave him.

Your picture of Gabby brought tears to my eyes. What a difference you made in each other's life.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

I'm so sorry that you lost him. I can definitely see how one look in those eyes would've stolen your heart. So much depth, there.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Still time to enter, the contest closes tomorrow morning so please remember to enter your picture today:)

ConureMom1993

Mar 24, 2018
Virginia
Parrots
(Arugula) “Rue�- Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
Here is my happy cinnamon green cheek conure “Rue”. She used to be terrified of tissues. After a lot of rehab work with this rescue baby, they’re her favorite snuggle toys and she demands to have one every time I blow my nose! This picture seems to say “I’m happy, comfortable, and loved.” Not shown is Rue, poking her head out to present for scritches, then snuggling back into the tissue. That was something I’d never dream I’d be able to do with the frightened aggressive greenie I had adopted 9 months before.

Attachments

• C4247FC5-8D0F-4087-AAF9-1FBA797D47A3.jpg
    C4247FC5-8D0F-4087-AAF9-1FBA797D47A3.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 216

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Yes, please more entries! This will truly be one of the most difficult contests to vote! :D

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Here is my happy cinnamon green cheek conure “Rue”. She used to be terrified of tissues. After a lot of rehab work with this rescue baby, they’re her favorite snuggle toys and she demands to have one every time I blow my nose! This picture seems to say “I’m happy, comfortable, and loved.” Not shown is Rue, poking her head out to present for scritches, then snuggling back into the tissue. That was something I’d never dream I’d be able to do with the frightened aggressive greenie I had adopted 9 months before.

Rue is precious! You have done an amazing job with her.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Since you are asking for more entries! Max said he would be part of the 'eyes' of March....

IMtBpVI.jpg

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
The decision this month is gonna be insane!

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw
Under a Watchful Eye

wakawaka-albums-mush-mac-picture19673-under-watchful-eye.jpg

A late entry, but I had to put this one up there.

From October last year when Arika was only home for about a month.
This is one of my favorite pictures of my girls keeping an eye on each other :)

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Since you are asking for more entries! Max said he would be part of the 'eyes' of March....

IMtBpVI.jpg

Tell Max that Auntie Terry would never leave him out:)

Under a Watchful Eye

wakawaka-albums-mush-mac-picture19673-under-watchful-eye.jpg

A late entry, but I had to put this one up there.

From October last year when Arika was only home for about a month.
This is one of my favorite pictures of my girls keeping an eye on each other :)

What a stunning picture!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Bumble says “look into my eye! You are getting sleepy! You want to give me all the millet!”

f8c414fc33e0c8a2540dfcb3aba7df8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Bumble says “look into my eye! You are getting sleepy! You want to give me all the millet!”

f8c414fc33e0c8a2540dfcb3aba7df8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumble, I would give you all the millet I have, Sweetie:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions