Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Thinkof it this way honey , you saw how those people lived , they needed the money desperately , right ? YOU HELPED THEM AND THE BIRD :)
so , IMO , it's not a lie , it's giving them help without giving them a handout. From how you described these people, I'm sure they wouldn't have asked anyone for help directly .
This might have been their way of asking ....and you obliged .

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
the only other african grey that disapeared when Maui did beacause I am still watching craigslist for you from sarasota to fort meyers, was the one with the red feathers on her neck. Maybe this bird is meant to be yours. and I think god will definatley forgive that white lie. you saved tyhat birds life don,t you dare allow youself to feel guilty. we are all very proud of you. Alison and sweetie pie:D

Yes and guess what, Ironically, this bird has one little red feather on her neck, LOL! She's such a love... I've been searching for two days for her family:02:

On all the lost pet websites that I signed maui up for but nothing.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
did you look back on the sarasota lost and found it is still there in the next 100 posts and there were two red feathers on her neck in the picture I think the add says her name is rikki and it also lists all the words she says. Alison and sweetie pie:D

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
email this posting to a friend sarasota craigslist > community > lost & found
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

LOST African Grey Parrot (Gulfgate, Sarasota)

Date: 2012-04-16, 11:28AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Name: Ricki

Description: White Face, Grey Body, Red Tail, 1 foot in length (Head to Tail), 2 Foot Wingspan, Wings are NOT clipped (she can fly).

Lost on: Saturday April 14th 1:30 PM
Markings: She has new red feathers growing at the back and front of her neck. See Pictures Below.)

Sounds / Words used by Ricki: Telephone dialing, telephone ringing, microwave sounds, She can whistle a variety of tunes, She loves call and response (so if you whistle to her she will whistle back, Wolf call.) She'll say "HELLO" very clearly in a male and female voice, She'll say "Come On".

Ricki is a member of our family her loss is devastating please contact me if you hear or see her. Thank you.

5N65G25M33Lb3I33Ncc4g07dbb9af9d281488.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2961162809

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
lisa, here is the add with the pictures I had to recrute my husband to copy and paste if for me on thie picture he has some red feathers on the back of the neck too Hope this helps. Alison and sweetie pie:D

echoskybound

Mar 30, 2011
Media
Parrots
Wheatley - 4 year old Green Cheek Conure
Lisamarie, you did a WONDERFUL thing! Do NOT feel guilty. I really admire that you handed over all that money for a bird who wasn't yours, just to make sure she would be taken care of. That couple was not equiped to take care of that bird. She would not have been healthy staying in those conditions for much longer. I bet it would break her owner's heart to know she was neglected like that, and I bet the owner will be SO relieved to know that she ended up in caring hands to help her find her way home. I bet that Maui is in some caring home, any they're looking for you, so don't give up on checking for those ads... some people probably won't search for lost pet ads, they'll just notify the local vet or SPCA, so they might not respond to lost bird ads you've posted.

Have you taken this stray grey to a vet to get a scan for a microchip?

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
email this posting to a friend sarasota craigslist > community > lost & found
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

LOST African Grey Parrot (Gulfgate, Sarasota)

Date: 2012-04-16, 11:28AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Name: Ricki

Description: White Face, Grey Body, Red Tail, 1 foot in length (Head to Tail), 2 Foot Wingspan, Wings are NOT clipped (she can fly).

Lost on: Saturday April 14th 1:30 PM
Markings: She has new red feathers growing at the back and front of her neck. See Pictures Below.)

Sounds / Words used by Ricki: Telephone dialing, telephone ringing, microwave sounds, She can whistle a variety of tunes, She loves call and response (so if you whistle to her she will whistle back, Wolf call.) She'll say "HELLO" very clearly in a male and female voice, She'll say "Come On".

Ricki is a member of our family her loss is devastating please contact me if you hear or see her. Thank you.

5N65G25M33Lb3I33Ncc4g07dbb9af9d281488.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2961162809

Yeah, I spoke with him earlier today, as a matter of fact, he WAS reunited with her Ricki, just yesterday!! So this bird is def not his.

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Lisamarie, you did a WONDERFUL thing! Do NOT feel guilty. I really admire that you handed over all that money for a bird who wasn't yours, just to make sure she would be taken care of. That couple was not equiped to take care of that bird. She would not have been healthy staying in those conditions for much longer. I bet it would break her owner's heart to know she was neglected like that, and I bet the owner will be SO relieved to know that she ended up in caring hands to help her find her way home. I bet that Maui is in some caring home, any they're looking for you, so don't give up on checking for those ads... some people probably won't search for lost pet ads, they'll just notify the local vet or SPCA, so they might not respond to lost bird ads you've posted.

Have you taken this stray grey to a vet to get a scan for a microchip?

What a GREAT idea, no, I hadn't even considered checking her for a microchip, I'd intended on taking her to the vet, mainly to have her checked out to be sure she's ok. She's got a chunk of feathers missing on the back of her neck, the down feathers are still there, but her regular feathers look like they got pulled out by something while she was out in the wilderness, poor sweet girl, how that just makes me so worry about my Maui bird!!!! I'm glad this bird got away from whatever it was that tried to get her.

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Thinkof it this way honey , you saw how those people lived , they needed the money desperately , right ? YOU HELPED THEM AND THE BIRD :)
so , IMO , it's not a lie , it's giving them help without giving them a handout. From how you described these people, I'm sure they wouldn't have asked anyone for help directly .
This might have been their way of asking ....and you obliged .

Thank you. Yes, that is a very nice way to look at the situation. They so very much needed the money. So, I guess it's not that bad at all, now that you've put it that way. I just never thought of it that way.

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
You have to take into consideration that this bird may not be lost.
Have you thought about possibly keeping her if no one is looking for her ?

Well, I think in that instance, I would have to consider keeping her and taking care of her, although, I would certainly not be opposed to allowing her to be re homed to a nice family. I wouldn't sell her, although, I'm not so sure that I'd advertise that I'm not looking for compensation of some sort, only because, I think I'd have a better chance of her going to a good solid home if someone was thinking they'd have to pay for her, ya know? Then, after interviewing people, and I feel I've found the perfect fit for her... SURPRISE!!! keep the money and buy her the best of the best with what you were going to pay me and promise to give her so much love that she will hardly be able to stand it!!

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
You have to take into consideration that this bird may not be lost.
Have you thought about possibly keeping her if no one is looking for her ?

Well, I think in that instance, I would have to consider keeping her and taking care of her, although, I would certainly not be opposed to allowing her to be re homed to a nice family. I wouldn't sell her, although, I'm not so sure that I'd advertise that I'm not looking for compensation of some sort, only because, I think I'd have a better chance of her going to a good solid home if someone was thinking they'd have to pay for her, ya know? Then, after interviewing people, and I feel I've found the perfect fit for her... SURPRISE!!! keep the money and buy her the best of the best with what you were going to pay me and promise to give her so much love that she will hardly be able to stand it!!

I say, make a compromise. Why not give her a good home, for now if nothing else, and then when Maui is returned, you can decide whether you can handle two CAG's or find her a wonderful new home then?

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Thats what I would do if I ever had to rehome my birds. It is a good idea to list a price but give the bird to the family for free so they could use the money for a large cage, vet bills, food, toys ext.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
You have done such an amazing thing for this bird, don't feel guilty, you saved a life! You WILL find him, you WILL! Stay strong, you are in my Prayers!

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
i hope she comes home soon, never give up!

gig

Mar 13, 2012
southeastern PA
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot, Bowie; Goffin's Cockatoo, Zazu;
5 beautiful finches
OMG Lisamarie. My friend at sarasota jungle gardens just told me that someone brought them a CAG they found. My friend checked Craigs list and saw a post and they claimed the bird. Wonder if it was rikki. My friend thought it was such a coincidence since i had told her to be on the lookout for maui. Weird huh!? Sorry I'm responding late but i've been incredibly busy lately and not on forum.

bruce

May 1, 2012
Parrots
african grey 04/12/2011, ,canaries, finches, golfish,cats, Jack Russell terrier, turtle
well birds do fly off however tame they are, its a natural instinct,
im very sorry for your loss, as i mentioned before, my tinmeh
flew off one day, and i had the whole town up in arms in panic
looking for it, luck was i found him two blockes away perched
on a tree terrified not making a sound, otherwise i would not have
stopped looking for him until this day,
parrots dont usualy fly very far as i had many of mine fly away and
in fear they settle down somwhere quite close, my guess is it settled
down in someones garden and they took him in not knowing who it belongs to.
also he will make sounds, so ask a few friends to keep a sharp ear.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Any update yet?

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Im still praying for a happy reunion.

Most Reactions