Maui flew away tonight!!!!!

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Just checking in to tell you guys that I followed up on a couple of leads today, but, it didn't lead to my baby. I got a call from 2 people that got handed one of my flyer's. Ironically, both people lived within 4 houses from each other approximately a mile southeast from my house. They said they couldn't SEE the bird, but, could HEAR him "squawking away", they said it doesn't sound like any of the native birds. So, I got the addresses and drove over, I knew right away it wasn't Maui, because, I the first lady was standing outside waiting for me and when I got out, I said, the other woman is on her way here too, she just lives 4 houses down from here and right then she says "SEE, did you hear that? shhhh, listen close" THAT bird starting chattering again and she was right, it definitely wasn't a native dove, cardinal, blue jay, etc... It was for sure a parrot of some sort, so I kept listening and listening and grabbed my binoculars, even though I knew the noises he was making wasn't my Maui bird, I was super curious, because, it didn't sound like a cockatiel or a sun conure or parakeet or a cockatoo, etc.. It took me a few to get the visual, but, I finally did and it was....... A little Quaker Parrot, all by his lonesome, I tried to get him to come down, but, he wanted no part of it. Also, for whatever reason, we have a plethora of Quakers around here where I live, so, it could have even been born wild, but, I thought I'd try to get him down just in case he was somebody's baby.
So, it was pretty encouraging that the lady's both called me, even though it wasn't Maui, it gave me the hope that people wouldn't just dismiss it if the saw or heard something a little different and that could be Maui, they would actually call. So that made me feel good.
BUT, NO MAUI, NOT YET ANYWAYS....... KEEP ON PRAYING GUYS, I KNOW ALL OF OUR PRAYERS ARE KEEPING BABY MAUI SAFE!!!!!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
My candle is still burning, praying for a miracle
Be strong, keep searching, if there is a will there is a way
Always in my thoughts

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yea Quakers is all over different parts of FL. I've seen them around when I was down in Tampa and also seen them in Orlando. Good luck on finding Maui!!!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I like the sound of this though , because people are aware of Maui and they are listening and looking for him . And , these two people are bird oriented to know native bird chatter verses one that doesn't belong. So I have faith that Maui will be spotted and returned to you :). I will never stop praying for his safe return either.
Keep the faith !

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
OH my GOSH!!!!! I am truly blessed beyond words to have such amazing people listening out for my little sweetie boy.

I also met a gentleman who told me that if we DID happen to find our Maui, that he owned a huge crane truck that he would bring to any site where Maui's been spotted for me to go up in the bucket with him and simply step Maui up from any high tree!! I so hope we find him, I would have such a fun time going up in that thing to get my baby!!

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
I am truly sorry you still haven't any word on your beloved Maui.
I was responsible for the safe return of a male eclectus.
The bird was lost on the 9th of April found on the 13th.
It was only that i found the lost add on FaceBook.
Knew where the bird was being looked after.
And the rest they say is history.
Have you posted on FB.

OP
lisamarie973

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
I am truly sorry you still haven't any word on your beloved Maui.
I was responsible for the safe return of a male eclectus.
The bird was lost on the 9th of April found on the 13th.
It was only that i found the lost add on FaceBook.
Knew where the bird was being looked after.
And the rest they say is history.
Have you posted on FB.

Yes, I sure have. I think I've posted in every place I could possible think to post. I just keep praying that Maui will find his way back home where he is so loved and cared for.
Thank you so much for your thoughts of us, though. I really appreciate it.

mcw009

Apr 21, 2011
VA
Parrots
Icarus the Moustached Parakeet, Smudge, Pudge (RIP), and Floki the Budgies
I've been following your story since Maui got lost. I'm in VA so I can't help. I hope so very much that he turns up. I found my parrot in a tree and no one seemed to be looking for him. Sometimes I wonder if there's a family out there who is heartbroken. Maui is a lucky bird to have a mommy who cares so much for him.

wolf0994

Apr 10, 2012
North Pole, Alaska
Parrots
Kawie, 16 year old Congo African Grey
I too have been following this since its first post. I think about Maui all the time and have shared your story with my family. I pray he finds his way home to you!

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
I keep checking for any news.....Has anyone heard anything?

TortoiseLady17

Mar 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
April - 32 year old Panama Amazon!
Zuri - 3 year old Congo African grey
George - 4 year old Panama Amazon
I am not super familiar with the central FL area, so I am not sure if this is close to you or not. I figured I would pass it along though.

found bird at hartford and a1a

call for details 407 256 8188

Ginkai

Mar 20, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Eastern Galah - Suki Lala 10 months old
Greyhound Cross - Max 7 years old
Great Dane Cross - Marque 2 years old
Rats -Lola 1yr old, Tsuyu, Enya, Fury all 6 months old, Cookie 8 weeks
Any updates? Still holding my breath for you and hopefully some good news

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I am not super familiar with the central FL area, so I am not sure if this is close to you or not. I figured I would pass it along though.

found bird at hartford and a1a

call for details 407 256 8188

Fingers crossed!

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
i just read through this poast and it mad me cry - i lost my solo for a day about 5 months ago and it mad me remember all the worries and fears i had .
definatly keeping your baby in my every thought
solo says 'come good boy'
jess and solo

Most Reactions