MBS induced by Hahns

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
So, I had to run to the pet shop to grab something and lo and behold I find a Hahn's macaw there! First time I've ever seen one in real life and boy was it beautiful! About a year old and talking, accepts anyone, loves petting/scratches and just a sweetheart. Doesn't help my self control that I was originally looking for a Hahns before I got Moonie. Needless to say my heart melted and my MBS was in full force. I finally came to my senses and did not take him home with me lol but I sure wanted to. I just came here to share because I knew you'd all understand :)

Last edited:

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
So, I had to run to the pet shop to grab something and lo and behold I find a Hahn's macaw there! First time I've ever seen one in real life and boy was it beautiful! About a year old and talking, accepts anyone, loves petting/scratches and just a sweetheart. Doesn't help my self control that I was originally looking for a Hahns before I got Moonie. Needless to say my heart melted and my MBS was in full force. I finally came to my senses and did not take him home with me lol but I sure wanted to. I just became here to share because I knew you'd all understand :)

I hear you! I get the pangs every time I see a red fronted macaw on birdbreeders.com (I'm not in the market but am on that site a couple times a day just perusing). They were the ones I was looking at before I got my male ekkie.

OP
Kalel

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
So, I had to run to the pet shop to grab something and lo and behold I find a Hahn's macaw there! First time I've ever seen one in real life and boy was it beautiful! About a year old and talking, accepts anyone, loves petting/scratches and just a sweetheart. Doesn't help my self control that I was originally looking for a Hahns before I got Moonie. Needless to say my heart melted and my MBS was in full force. I finally came to my senses and did not take him home with me lol but I sure wanted to. I just became here to share because I knew you'd all understand :)

I hear you! I get the pangs every time I see a red fronted macaw on birdbreeders.com (I'm not in the market but am on that site a couple times a day just perusing). They were the ones I was looking at before I got my male ekkie.

Yeah those red fronted macaws sure are amazing too! Good to know I'm not the only one that frequents birds for sale websites regularly :)

Moose

Feb 17, 2016
This is why I am really trying hard to narrow down exactly what I want. Lol. I want to be completely content with my choice. The MBS will come though. Without fail.

OP
Kalel

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
I think you're right that it'll come through. Unfortunately the MBS for me has nothing to do with being or not being content. It has more to do with admiring different types of parrots for their diversity and having a desire to experience them on a personal level. Of course realistically speaking I can't possibly have every one I'd like to have. That's what the wish list (there is a thread somewhere where many of us listed our dream wish list for birds we wished we had) is for. More of a dream than a realistic list. Good luck with your choice. I'm sure you'll be happy whatever you decide:)

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
This is why I am really trying hard to narrow down exactly what I want. Lol. I want to be completely content with my choice. The MBS will come though. Without fail.

Yeah...doesn't work like that. :D Good luck finding your first though :)

I hear ya Kalel. I struggle letting go of any Grey I find, despite promising DH his kitten and DD her lovebird before I got another...and Marley's arrived before either of those!

Ginnybird

Dec 18, 2015
New Jersey near Philadelphia
Parrots
Ginny Indigo, blue-fronted Amazon
Unfortunately the MBS for me has nothing to do with being or not being content. It has more to do with admiring different types of parrots for their diversity and having a desire to experience them on a personal level. Of course realistically speaking I can't possibly have every one I'd like to have.

Me too, all of this.

At one point I made a wish list on my phone, just to put it somewhere, because I can't fulfill it in reality. :eek:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, I remember how hard you were looking for a Hahn's!
I'm glad you got to see one finally:)
Great job on the self control, I could learn much from you:)

OP
Kalel

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Oh my gosh, I remember how hard you were looking for a Hahn's!
I'm glad you got to see one finally:)
Great job on the self control, I could learn much from you:)

Yes, Terry! You remember that? You were even trying to help me find one:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts