Vacuum cleaner

doakota1

Aug 21, 2013
upstate NY
Parrots
Lucy-Blue and Gold Macaw
and Ollie an 18yr old rescue Gray
Can anyone give me advise on what a good vacuum cleaner would be for a Macaw and Gray owner? With all the down feathers and dust from Lucy and Ollie,it continuously clogs the filters and over heat the vacuum . I have a shop vac that works well with cleaning the cages and the floor around the cages, but need to get a new one for the rest of the house.

If this is the wrong place for this, I will remove, also just looking for a good vacuum that will work well!!

Thanks
Gary

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
We We loved our Hoover wind tunnel paws vacuum it did great. Our teenager killed it though when he sucked up a huge chunk if a wood toy we are going to buy the exact same vacuum though. Works better then a shop vacuum.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
We also have the Dyson DC41 Animal.

In addition to the Dyson, I also have a little black and decker dust buster for the immediate cage area. Great for vacuuming up dried poop and food and splinters ext.. daily since it's cordless, compact and super easy to clean and sanitize all parts that come in contact with poo/food (the Dyson has much more intricate filters and a lot of parts, I tend to try to avoid vacuuming dried poops with it).

May 23, 2015
Idaho
Parrots
Bonny-Shamrock Macaw, Pan-Quaker Parrot, Hermes-Cockatiel
I have the Dyson DC41 Animal, its a nice vacuum (any bag-less vacuum should do), but it is not a great animal vacuum. The rollers get clogged with hair way to easily, I ended up just removing it, and it still clogs.

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
I have a TriStar, I'm not sure it can be clogged.

Rroberds

Mar 4, 2016
Mesa, Arizona
Parrots
Searching for my feathered companion.
I have a TriStar as well. Its pretty much bullet proof! I would recommend that, the hose and many attachments make it capable of handling any job.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I also have a dyson. Shop vac is what the first choice is . I get the big stuff first and then the dyson. Shop vac will eat feathers, pecan shells, you name it.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts