Me and Smalls

KayKay58

Apr 25, 2018
Media
Albums
Central Texas, USA
Parrots
Monk Parakeet, aka, Quaker Parrot.
Hi all from Central Texas. I am a wife of 40 years to a law enforcement officer, and mother of 3, grandmother of 15, and great grandma of 1, and twin sister.
I am proud also of being a Mom to a very precocious Monk Parakeet, aka, Quaker parrot, Smalls. This has been my first bird, and a learn as you go experience. I got him when he was 8 weeks old, and have hand fed him for a little over 5 weeks. He has now weaned himself and is doing great! He is my constant companion and goes with me every where. He is so bonded to me that every time I leave, he has a mini fit. When he is in his cage he will occasionally stop what he is doing to see if I am still in the room... LOL he is a little punk. When we go out he wears his flight suit and everyone just loves him in town. Thank you so much for the add, and I am looking forward to learning even more about my awesome little punk... :D:blue2:

Attachments

• bird Smalls.jpg
    bird Smalls.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 88
  • bird smalls snuggle 2.jpg
    bird smalls snuggle 2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 92

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Welcome! I love Smalls, what a great name. I fell for a Quaker and wanted to get him so badly but it wasn’t meant to be! Love the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome! Smalls is adorable :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to the Parrot Forums!

You will find the Forums very informative as there is tons of information available!

Enjoy!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Welcome to you, those little tykes are amazing! Always be on guard, they are incredible escape artists! Give him a pile of coffee stirrers and watch him build a castle!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome aboard! Smalls is a cute name for a bird with a big personality. Thanks for the lovely introduction and images!!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Ahhh Quakers were on my shortlist, but being in an apartment I decided the risk of noise was too high. I’m looking forward to seeing more of Smalls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome! Are you familiar with Biggie Smalls, the (RIP) rapper?
If Smalls is a definite rebel, he may be a namesake!

P.S.
I'm a displaced Houston native!

Most Reactions