Meet black jack

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
This Sunday i brought home my nanday conure :D! He is a little boy, weaned, but still a baby, and his name is Black Jack. he took no time to settle in, and is already coming out of the cage, playing, and trying new foods. He wont stop chewing my fingers, he only steps up on my arm because if i offer a finger he just chews it :rolleyes:. however, it kinda hurts sometimes and he really chomps on my nails. he also makes it a mission to get to my shoulder, he hangs off my shirt, scales my arm, it never stops lol. can you give me some tips on how to stop him from chewing my fingers and climbing to my shoulder. also, how to i teach him "gentle" and when he puts too much pressure when he nibbles. i tried distracting him with toys, but my fingers seem to be on his list of things to destroy :p. Im also giving him his first bath today and will be posting pictures :D
:green2:

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Yay!! Love the name, too! Nandays are the cutest little things, aren't they? I've seen them at my local bird store, the sweetest thing. I'll be on a watch for pictures!! Lol, =)

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
thank you, he makes the cutest little noises and his little face is the best! its bath time now, wish me luck!

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Haha, good luck! Hopefully he'll take a liking to the water. =)

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
Conures loooove water!! Hopefully he doesn't prove me wrong!! Can't wait to see the lil guy! Congrats!!

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
i thought he would be nervous, but as soon as i turned the water on, he dove off my arm and rolled around in it :p. the water wasn't even warm yet, but he dove right in! this bird is fearless, he didn't freak out with the hairdryer, explored everything, and let me wrap him in a blanket and give him kisses, all on the 3rd day :). when he was drying off he sat in the crook of my arm against my belly and huddled there, hes so cute! i took lots of bath time pictures i have to figure out how to post :rolleyes:

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
ann-albums-my-beautiful-birdies-picture4904t-all-wrapped-up.jpg

ann-albums-my-beautiful-birdies-picture4903t-drying-off.jpg

ann-albums-my-beautiful-birdies-picture4902t-black-jack-getting-ready-bath.jpg

some pictures of Black Jack at bath time :), i posted some pictures but i don't know if they showed up, if they didn't, i have them in my album.

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
I can't see the pictures, Waaaah! But I'm pleased to meet ya, Black Jack!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Anne.. Heres how to post pics in your post:)

When you are creating your post, go into attachments, click on upload from Computer, then browse.. click on the pic you want to show, then click on upload.... or if you have photobucket just hover mouse over the image then left click on IMG and it will say copied, then just paste into your message box, go onto preview post and it will show if it has gone in properly:)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
I saw your pictures in your album! Black Jack is cute!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Congrats Ann !!! I can't wait to see him :)
I bet hes a cutie :)
You sound so happy and excited about him , lolol.
Im so happy for you ! Give that baby a hug for me :)

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Awesome name! I can't view the pics for some reason.

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
darn it lol! ok, i'll try what wenz said, here goes:

Attachments

• Photo_00053.jpg
    Photo_00053.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 367
  • Photo_00058.jpg
    Photo_00058.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 341
  • Photo_00059.jpg
    Photo_00059.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 326

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

Awww!! He's so stinking cute!! I love him!! Scratches from me!! And it worked, we can see the pics now. :)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Aaah, you are making me want a nanday! Was considering one before a GCC. Love your shirt too, lolol. ;)

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Very cute! May he grow up to be a character like his name sake!

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
Aaah, you are making me want a nanday! Was considering one before a GCC. Love your shirt too, lolol. ;)

lol thanks, i got it from khols :).

also, he's always on the cage floor. he eats and drinks normally, and climbs all around the cage when i come in to see him. i think its because he's a baby and adjusting, he has a little blanket down there with him. he also does this little strut lol. when i sit by the cage he puffs up, raises his wings and looks as big as possible and starts growling and strutting. he looks adorable, but very angry, and lunges through the bars. then, as soon as i open the door, hes a different bird. calm, happy and hops on your finger, hes so silly :p!

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

ChiChi does this. He thinks he's all big and tough until I wanna love on him...then he's mush! Also some days I say good morning to him and he's mumbling and grumbling before I can take the cover off the cage. All puffed up and trying to look like a bully. Then I stick my hand in there and he's begging for scritches! Welcome to the world of conures! Hehe

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Awwwww , so adorable , lolol.
I love the last picture with the blanket , how sweet :)
Enjoy your new baby Ann :) :) :)

Most Reactions