Meet Chili :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
He may keep the honking, when Rosie first came to me she only purred and quietly peeped. She is not a good example of what noises average galah makes lol

LOL he's been pretty quiet and seems to only honk when he's concerned about something or if he needs me lol

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
I bet it is. I just love Galah's
hug8.gif

I have actually been saving for a Galah myself
heart.gif
heart.gif
I finally have the time to have one.
I can imagine you have a lot of envy pain, so close to australia where galahs are very inexpensive.

Galah's are about $500-$1000 here. I do have the money for one now but I want to have extra for other things, like toys, cages etc.
heart.gif
I also have to find a great breeder
heart.gif

I have a lot of envy pain.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Ash- I kind of wish we saved up a smidgen before we bought him, but I'm glad we jumped for it though.

However, even though we already had a cage, toys, play gym, accessories/necessities, food, etc etc we still went 80% over budget 😱

I can probably see myself having a flock of galahs down the road LOL these guys are AWESOME and it's only been 24 hours. Just incredible. But- I also attribute most of it to him being a well-socialized baby!

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Ash- I kind of wish we saved up a smidgen before we bought him, but I'm glad we jumped for it though.

However, even though we already had a cage, toys, play gym, accessories/necessities, food, etc etc we still went 80% over budget 😱

I can probably see myself having a flock of galahs down the road LOL these guys are AWESOME and it's only been 24 hours. Just incredible. But- I also attribute most of it to him being a well-socialized baby!

I can see myself even going over budget even though I saved up ;)
It's about breeding season again so there will be lots of babies by December/January :D

Awww, I am so jealous. I will get my baby in time I just have to be wait :p

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon

It's about breeding season again so there will be lots of babies by December/January :D

Yeah- lol -don't be surprised if you end up paying twice what you thought you would. I was thankful to find an awesome bird for a decent price in the states -which I saw babies from $1025-2000+

I'll be keeping my eye out for your baby galah pics!! ;)

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I am in love with Chilli very much though your stories and pictures. What a wonderful healthy well raised Galah. Where did you get your baby from? I love that your baby is well socialized and so healthy. Beautiful.

I have baby envy for your experiences right now. I have to wait until next breeding season for my baby Panama amazon. There is much expense and work to be done before I can put down that deposit. We have to buy Julio (my rescue noble macaw) a new cage and move him from the Deltona. The current cage is too large and he has not adjusted to it well at all. I want one with a higher grate with as close as to size inside but with a higher grate. There is a kings cage I am buying for him that will give me that needed higher grate. I think this will be more cozy for him and with his disability (no wing or tail feathers to help balance) he will do better in this cage. Once I buy and move Julio to the new cage the Deltona will be free for the new baby but then I will have to save for the Panama. LOL.

Baby envy is what I am experiencing right now. I do love your updates and pictures. Please keep them coming. They make me smile and I am enjoying your stories.

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand

Yeah- lol -don't be surprised if you end up paying twice what you thought you would. I was thankful to find an awesome bird for a decent price in the states -which I saw babies from $1025-2000+

I'll be keeping my eye out for your baby galah pics!! ;)

I will be taking LOTS of pictures! :D I love seeing pictures of when babies are growing :D And wow that's is a lot of money. `I'm sure I will be spending way over double. :D But it will be well worth it.:rolleyes:

It will be awhile before I get my baby. I don't get paid much so I have a lot to save :p

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Well, I had a video of him playing tug of war with my bracelet, but for some reason it didn't save 😲

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I am in love with Chilli very much though your stories and pictures. What a wonderful healthy well raised Galah. Where did you get your baby from? I love that your baby is well socialized and so healthy. Beautiful.

I have baby envy for your experiences right now. I have to wait until next breeding season for my baby Panama amazon. There is much expense and work to be done before I can put down that deposit. We have to buy Julio (my rescue noble macaw) a new cage and move him from the Deltona. The current cage is too large and he has not adjusted to it well at all. I want one with a higher grate with as close as to size inside but with a higher grate. There is a kings cage I am buying for him that will give me that needed higher grate. I think this will be more cozy for him and with his disability (no wing or tail feathers to help balance) he will do better in this cage. Once I buy and move Julio to the new cage the Deltona will be free for the new baby but then I will have to save for the Panama. LOL.

Baby envy is what I am experiencing right now. I do love your updates and pictures. Please keep them coming. They make me smile and I am enjoying your stories.

I purchased him through Lone Palm Aviary in Florida, but the baby came from a breeder in California.

The wait will be well worth it though!! Babies are amazing!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Aaaaaawwww! Cuteness overload! I take great pleasure in an Australian bird doing so much to make a family happy. Chili is going to be a very happy little bloke, I think. Congratulations to all of you (and keep the photos coming). :D

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Ok, so this lil guy is smart. He got off my shoulder, walked along the couch, then the baby gate, and was going to go up the side of his cage but the food door was open-so he took a short cut THROUGH the food door, then up and out all the way over to the jungle gym to the forager to get a snack.

AussieChris

Sep 6, 2013
ACT Australia
Parrots
Galah
Hello,

Most are not too bad with noise. Here where there are wild ones, when the wild ones call they respond. It is more a " hey I am here, anyone around " sort of call. The noise and behaviour varies with the bird, some is learned and some is just built in. They also have small tantrums. They hang upside down, flap their wings and screech. All this is pretty normal. Not the time for a scratch though.

Most Reactions