Meet my animals :) (pic heavy)

brittish

Mar 24, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Well, I've introduced myself.. might as well introduce my pride and joys.

Cinderella aka Cinder is my 3 year old German Shepherd. She is trained in personal protection, narcotic detection and tracking. She only knows German commands, so I had to learn a bit of German to own her :p
46967_1381372379617_1391160131_30866311_4175088_n.jpg

v3f2hy.jpg

Vegas. 8 month old German Shepherd male
383317_2434234700517_1391160131_31926197_265059057_n.jpg

Scruff. bearded dragon
396443_2617649565774_1391160131_31982857_433947254_n.jpg

Monty, 6 month old ball python
35asqyb.jpg

Silk, Arabian-Paint mare
77063_1446098677734_1391160131_30981628_5244113_n.jpg
2nz4j.jpg
2vwb3ol.jpg

Cherokee, ex-racer thoroughbred gelding
ddgfb4.jpg

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
That's quite a group you got there.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Same here, I was going to get a ball python but my sister is extremely scared of them.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I also love the picture of your horse scratching her ear! >: )

OP
brittish

brittish

Mar 24, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Same here, I was going to get a ball python but my sister is extremely scared of them.

Aw, so is my entire family. They don't understand that ball pythons are called ball pythons for a reason. :) They rather ball up when they are afraid rather than bite. I have had many friends deathly afraid of snakes but he is such a friendly guy, I have gotten most of them to hold him and they fall in love. :D

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
We have a lot in common. I'm down to just 2 horses these days, a TB and a TB/Appy cross. I've also had 2 German Shepards. As a child I had a snake, though it was just a Garter snake. That was hard enough to get past my mother.

OP
brittish

brittish

Mar 24, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
We have a lot in common. I'm down to just 2 horses these days, a TB and a TB/Appy cross. I've also had 2 German Shepards. As a child I had a snake, though it was just a Garter snake. That was hard enough to get past my mother.

Yes, it sounds like we do have a lot in common. I too begged my mother for a snake as a child with no luck. I absolutely love TBs, especially OTTBs. They have such a bad rep. Everyone thinks they are maniacs, but my first OTTB was the sweetest, most reliable mount. He even was a police mount prior to me owning him. My mom forced me to sell him after he decided he wanted to re-live his track days and took off with me(first time ever). I ended up with a spinal fracture and dislocation and concussion. It was my fault though(never canter back to the barn)

My new TB is an ex-racer older guy(16) whom I rescued from an abusive home. He is a project horse with great potential. He has put on 200 lbs since I've had him so the outlook is prosperous.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My OTTB is now 31 years old. He went from racing to dressage and then I did eventing with him. I know a lot of people hate TBs and think they are flighty and stupid, but I love them. They ride like Cadillacs, are super athletic and you never have to ask them twice to move, lol! For me there's nothing worse than a lazy QH that I have to kick with every stride to get it to keep moving. I even had one just fall over a jump because he didn't want to make the effort. I came within inches of smashing my head on the ground, and the horse was on his knees. I wrapped myself around his neck as he got back up, but I said, I don't want to ride this horse anymore; too lazy for me!

OP
brittish

brittish

Mar 24, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Oh man, tell me about it. I'd much rather have to say WHOA than GO. :p I bought my OTTB(the one I had to sell) from some western cowboy didn't give a crap about their horses farm. Basically, we were looking for a trail horse for my mom since I already had one. My mom isn't very experienced and they advertised this horse as just a trail horse. They said he only rode Western. We bought him for maybe $1100. I got him home and first thing I did was throw an English saddle on him and got rid of the horrible tom thumb bit they had on him, put a D-ring snaffle on him. I started riding him and noticed how responsive he was. He would come right down on the bit for me every time. To sum it up, he basically became my horse. The "dead beat trail horse" became my three day eventer. Excelled at dressage, jumped 3'6 like it was nothing, played polo-cross on him. He was 16.3h, pushing 17h(i'm 5'9 so no biggie) and him being an OTTB.. I don't even have to tell you how freaking good he was on the cross country courses. He had a nice pedigree too. Had Secretariat lines in him. Man I wish I could find him now :(

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
When it was time I just let Malone retire and he is still here. He is trained to 3rd level dressage so he isn't exactly a horse I could pass on to someone to be a trail horse or family horse, but he's too old now for cross country IMO. I don't event anymore due to health reasons, but there sure is nothing like it in the world! I hope you are having a good time with it (I'm sure you are). Well, he can't jump anymore anyway according to the AHSA rules because he lost sight in one eye from uveitis.

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
Oh my, it looks like you, me and roxy have a lot in common~ I have 2 GSDs, a bearded dragon, cornsnake, horses and our bird! Love the coloring on your Paint!

Last edited:
OP
brittish

brittish

Mar 24, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Thank you! Yes, they are absolutely the best dogs ever. Very loyal. Also love me some Dobermans but I gave mine away when I got Cinder. She wanted to eat him :p

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
Nice looking animals! I'm also a big animal lover. Other than Penny (my conure) I also have 2 dogs, 5 cats, a chinchilla, a hamster, 5 snakes, and 5 lizards. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts