Prayers for Sadie

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My kitty is very sick with her IBD again. I think this might be the worst incident yet. She can't even hold down water for more than 1 or 2 minutes. So much so she hasn't peed for more than 24 hours either. I put her back on prednisone about 1.5 weeks ago when she started to get sick again, and she improved for a few days and then things went totally down the drain again. She goes to the vet this afternoon, but I'm just really worried about her.

I hope they don't have to keep her overnight as that will make her very sad, but if they do they do.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Awwww Lots of prayers and kitty hugs for Sadie!

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Roxy, you've been through so muck lately! Sending prayers to you & your animals.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I will be praying for you and Sadie . Best wishes for a speedy recovery .

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
So sad to hear of Sadie being ill, hoping she gets through it.
My prayers and thoughts are with you
Remember we are all here for you
X X

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
The vet was very nice and only charged me for the shot. I think that must be my cheapest vet bill ever. But, poor kitty peed on herself on the way home in the carrier:54: She let me clean her up but she seems embarrassed now. I guess it's because he squeezed her bladder to see if anything was in there. Not much, but it came out!

So if she stops vomiting now she's good for awhile. If she continues she will need to go back in the morning.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Oh, and I'm going to switch her from her limited ingredient rabbit/pea to a limited ingredient duck/pea food.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Just curious , why didnt the vet give her any subq fluids ?
Cats can get dehydrated really , really fast.
Anywho , glad the vet bill wasnt much and I hope she recovers quickly :)

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
He said she didn't need them yet. I guess I have to trust his judgement, but I felt like she should have had some myself. But, he has been a great vet for me for 25 years so I'm sure he is right.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Best of luck with your kitty, I hope the shot does the trick.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
How stess filled our days are when one of our loved pets is sick. Sending you lots of healing energy and hugs.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I wish I could take all her symptoms and put them on myself. I already pretty much have them all the time anyway, and she's just an innocent kitty whose never caused anyone harm.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Thinking of you all! Hope Sadie gets better soon :( xx

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I'm sure your vet is great Roxy. I was just curious because whenever we had a sick kitty come in , my vet was very concerned about them being hydrated enough ,so that's the first thing I think of. But it also depends on her condition too .
Please keep us posted , prayers to you both hon.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Well, she hasn't thrown up since before I took her in this afternoon. But, I don't know if she has tried eating or drinking yet because she snuck into the kitchen without my seeing her. She is in my lap though right now, but she's definitely not herself yet. But, that's something as she has been keeping to herself since like yesterday morning. Normally she is velcro kitty.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
She needs to rest her belly as well. Dont let her eat or drink freely.
Offer her a small portion , maybe 1/4 teaspoon of soft food ,so she does get some liquid in her and mostly so you know exactly how much she has eaten. This is extremely important info your vet will need to know. Before you sleep , give her more if she eats it so it's there for her overnight. But measure how much water and food each time you give it to her. If you put down say a whole can , you wont know exactly how much she ate. Same thing with the water. Clean out her litter box so you know what she is doing there too...
I hope she keeps improving and is back to her old self realy soon :)
Give her a hug from all of us too :)

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
She won't eat canned food:rolleyes: Yes, she is the weirdest cat on earth. If it were up to her she would eat bread, lol! She has to eat her limited ingredient diet though. She probably got sick again because she stole a Frosted Flake (out of the air as I was pouring them into a bowl), and a Nutriberry. What kind of cat eats a Nutriberry?? Or Frosted Flakes? Only mine!

The vet told me to give her her food back this evening. The litter box is clean.

Most Reactions

Latest posts