Meet Owen :) My RB2 story

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
First thanks Brianlinkles [for the name idea ] my family loves it !! I want to share this whole experience [because it was so great] . I decided I wanted another Rb2 [after my female died] . I didn't know of any just weaned available where I live. I have quite a few birds ,but realizing this time I would have to have one flown to me . Which had never appealed to me before. So I obsessively looked through breeder sites that shipped. I decided on one in Georgia, that looked like a smaller breeder than others. She sent me pictures and updated me on everything they were doing and eating. She is all about socializing them . She has visitors 3x a week come in . So they are used to everyone. She has them on her lap at night watching tv. They are taught to fly and stay on certain areas.She estimates RB2s being weaned at 13 weeks. Before they are due to go to their new homes .She takes them to church in their flight carriers [because she wants them to get used to them and not be scared] and fiils up a pew. The flight was so much easier than I thought [and he wasn't stressed.] Now hes been with us a week and Im in awe!!! He is the sweetest thing ,no nipping ,you can tell he was around kids . Knows to stay on top of his cage. Flys to us when we encourage him and hes talking!!!! Hi ,Hello ,How are you and I think Owen . He loves us and begs with his puffy pink cheeks. If you could train a bird for people this would be it. What my thoughts are don't be afraid of flying birds.I would use this breeder again [best experience ] so far. She also breeds a lot of different species. Im so glad I did this. As for getting the same species and them being similar definately yes . But you can see their own little personality
pinkbirdy-albums-more-birds-picture8980-rb2-017.jpg

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
OMG! I am so excited that you used the name! I love it! He looks beautiful! How old is he now? My Nigel is 10 1/2 weeks. He is soooo much fun, I just love him! It sounds like your breeder is amazing, I am glad that he is fitting in so well! I can't believe he can talk already!

OP
Pinkbirdy

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Owens 14 weeks :) Im surprised he saying things too [its a riot] .I hear the males useally say more. My Jennifer tried to say things [but it took a lot] .You have brought up size questions . He looks full size but not filled out. My Goffins bigger than him [I thought they were the smallest Too ?}

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Lovely picture!!!! Not all breeders are equal, you have found a rare one out of the bunch! She did good raising him!!! :)

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
AW what a sweetie. LOVE the name too. That is very cute.

U2gal

May 20, 2013
Who's the breeder? She sounds awesome!

Owen is a cutie and I'm sure he will be a huge family member and very lovee. Its hard to not love a cockatoo!:D

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
I'm so jealous of you and Brian with your well adjusted babies!

Just kidding, Alice and I will catch you up eventually...

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique

they are easy to work with! Alice is going to be awesome! Alice was one of the names I wanted to use if it turned out that we were going to get a girl!

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
Yeah, I know we'll get there. She's a moody teenager who's had some big changes in her life, so it's only natural it will take time for her to adjust, and she's made enormous progress in the first month. Still a good way to go before we're harness training and learning tricks though!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
HOW did I miss this???? :eek:

OMG, Owen is BEAUTIFUL, Terri!!!! Many many congrats on your new baby. How are your other fids adjusting with him? I bet you can't keep your eyes off your pretty boy. Gosh he looks so sweet and snuggly!!! :D

OP
Pinkbirdy

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
Who's the breeder? She sounds awesome!

Owen is a cutie and I'm sure he will be a huge family member and very lovee. Its hard to not love a cockatoo!:D
The breeder is Brightwood aviarys in Georgia. I really lucked out. About half my birds are rehomes and the other half babies.This has been great with this breeder. Interaction does make a difference.

OP
Pinkbirdy

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots

Don't worry ,When I had my female RB2 Jennifer .She wasn't a baby . She came around to be a wonderful bird :) Alice will get there !!

OP
Pinkbirdy

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
HOW did I miss this???? :eek:

OMG, Owen is BEAUTIFUL, Terri!!!! Many many congrats on your new baby. How are your other fids adjusting with him? I bet you can't keep your eyes off your pretty boy. Gosh he looks so sweet and snuggly!!! :D
He is so sweet . The bird I anticipate getting jealous is Tequila my amazon

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
He's adorable ! Sounds like its birdie heaven there , can't belive he already started saying words !

Most Reactions