Meet Paco!

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Paco TAG 18 yrs ~&~ Peanut GCC 1 yr
Hello! This wonderful little fellow came home with me today for a trial period in my home. If everything goes well, he will have found his new flock.

Paco came from a Nature Center where he was well cared for by loving people, but they realized that having screaming kids around all day and the general atmosphere of the nature center was just not appropriate for him.

So far, he seems to be adjusting well so my fingers are crossed.

He is a plucker - he developed this behavior some time ago during a period when he was lonely and depressed and it became a habit for him. He is 18 now. Hopefully with time he will find other ways to occupy his plucking needs.

He is also supposed to be a biter, but with me he seems very friendly and relaxed so hopefully this is a good sign of things to come.

Attachments

• IMG_9614.jpg
    IMG_9614.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_9600.jpg
    IMG_9600.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
OP
Gillis

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Oops, I'm also not sure how to rotate that photo, sorry! He's watching the rain.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations! Welcome Paco! He's a very handsome fellow! Love the photos!

That happens with the photos, sometimes you can correct it by rotating the pic a quarter turn or so before posting. A lot of our members use a photo hosting site like photobucket, it's easier and there's no limit on the number of photos you can post.

OP
Gillis

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Thanks Allee, let me try that again:
IMG_9614_zpstzgiz7l2.jpg

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Welcome Paco! I love the phot of Paco at the window. He looks comfortable with you already. I hope he gets to stay.

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Pack watching the rain is such a sweet photo. I hope he is able to make his forever home with you.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Beautiful <handsome I mean> Timneh...yes he looks very interested and content watching the rain fall.

Seeing that pic,with the rain..we are getting deluged with gallons of rain the next couple days..they claim close to 4 inches before it will end..that equates to 32 inches of SNOW if it were cold enough :eek:
And its a very likely chance we will be hit with "Jaquin" a now hurricane :11:
keeping my fingers crossed!

Jim

OP
Gillis

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Thank you everyone!! Paco has been doing very well and seems really relaxed and at home already. Its so good to see him starting to open up and whistle and make a little noise. He is sitting on my laptop as I type, nearly falling asleep! He is such a sweetie.

Beautiful <handsome I mean> Timneh...yes he looks very interested and content watching the rain fall.

Seeing that pic,with the rain..we are getting deluged with gallons of rain the next couple days..they claim close to 4 inches before it will end..that equates to 32 inches of SNOW if it were cold enough :eek:
And its a very likely chance we will be hit with "Jaquin" a now hurricane :11:
keeping my fingers crossed!

Jim

Jim, we must have gotten around 3-4 inches the day Paco was watching the rain, and more is on the way! Stay safe!

OP
Gillis

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Paco let me scratch his neck today! This is not a "thing" for him so I feel very privileged. I didn't get a photo but it was right after this one.

FullSizeRender_zpsmxmpylyb.jpg

He was examining the light in the ceiling yesterday and looked pretty cute while he was doing it.

IMG_9668%201_zpspkqunsbt.jpg

Most Reactions