Meet the newest member of our flock...

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Unfortunately little Chi Chi is not getting along with me or Shifty. She would rather be in the cage than with us. I'm going to give her to my mum when I go and visit my family at xmas. There she will be paired with another budgie that my mum has. Her budgie had a companion that died earlier this year so I think they will like each other
That's a great idea! Are you going to try to get another bird?

OP
Free as a bird

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
That's a great idea! Are you going to try to get another bird?
Maybe next year I'll get another cockatiel. I wouldn't mind a tame female to try and get them to breed.

I've always wanted a larger bird and have given it quite a bit of thought in the past. I would go for a galah, a tame one. We'll see

Last edited:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Maybe next year I'll get another cockatiel. I wouldn't mind a tame female to try and get them to breed.

I've always wanted a larger bird and have given it quite a bit of thought in the past. I would go for a galah, a tame one. We'll see
I would inquire with tiel breeders about a hand fed baby. It may require putting down a deposit to reserve one for six months from now but it will be worth the wait.

OP
Free as a bird

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I would inquire with tiel breeders about a hand fed baby. It may require putting down a deposit to reserve one for six months from now but it will be worth the wait.
I won't get one unless its hand reared and passes my tests. More expensive, might have to search and wait but worth it like you said

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I won't get one unless its hand reared and passes my tests. More expensive, might have to search and wait but worth it like you said
Eddies Aviaries in Massachusetts breeds and hand raises English Budgies and I think they also do cockatiels. They are expensive and there is a waiting list but they raised quality birds with pedigrees and vet checks.

OP
Free as a bird

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Eddies Aviaries in Massachusetts breeds and hand raises English Budgies and I think they also do cockatiels. They are expensive and there is a waiting list but they raised quality birds with pedigrees and vet checks.
Thanks but I'm in Australia

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
This is making me want to increase my flock so muchhhh 😩 what a stinkin’ cute little nugget! I just want to hold the birt like a bananaaaaaa

Edit: just saw your newer comments and all I gotta say is good luck!

OP
Free as a bird

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
This is making me want to increase my flock so muchhhh 😩 what a stinkin’ cute little nugget! I just want to hold the birt like a bananaaaaaa

Edit: just saw your newer comments and all I gotta say is good luck!
My cockatiel will let me hold him like a banana, feet hanging calmly. That's trust. Not this new budgie but LoL

OP
Free as a bird

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
My tiel would never lol
I grab Shifty like a telephone and he loves it.
First he will show me affection by grooming my moustache.
Screenshot_20231124-202548_Video Player.jpg

Then he will ask for affection by lowering his head for a scratch preferably from my moustache
Screenshot_20231124-202435_Video Player.jpg

I've held him there for minutes and he loves it as long as the cuddles keep coming. Sometimes he doesn't want me to let go and gets pissed off at me when I do let him go. His so cute

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I grab Shifty like a telephone and he loves it.
First he will show me affection by grooming my moustache.
View attachment 56273
Then he will ask for affection by lowering his head for a scratch preferably from my moustache
View attachment 56274
I've held him there for minutes and he loves it as long as the cuddles keep coming. Sometimes he doesn't want me to let go and gets pissed off at me when I do let him go. His so cute
Omg that is so FREAKING ADORABLE!!! Could you tell Shifty he is a very cute tele-birb?

OP
Free as a bird

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Little Chi Chi is doing self taught tricks now.
A forward roll on a vertical plane while holding onto the cage. Reminds me of a trick our old budgie used to do.

Chi Chi has taken to Shifty, she follows him around in the cage. It looked like Shifty tried to mount her by putting his feet on her back a few times but got frustrated and gave up thankfully.

So Chi Chi wants to be with Shifty but he wants to be with me. If i go into another room then Chi Chi will chill together with us but as soon as she sees the cage she goes for it.

At 15 months I think Shifty is an adult now. He challenges me more when I say no and his bites are a bit firmer. Considering they get along I think I'll keep Chi Chi instead of leaving her with my mums budgie. Even though Chi doesn't really like me. I dunno we'll see

Most Reactions

Latest posts