Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
SO I'm getting ready for work this morning, and I'm kind of depressed over the whole Logan adoption thing.....

I feed Mickey and let him out for cuddles..... usually he isn't extremely happy to go back in the cage, however this morning he went right back in and watched me weirdly.

Well as I'm putting my wrap on to leave, he says as clear as day "mama's goin to work, love you"!

He has been practicing something under his breath for a couple of weeks, and this must be it! I say it to him every morning on my way out the door.

I had to smile:D

OP
MickeysMom

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

He is a sweetheart!:D

I am hoping to teach him..."Uh Oh, Mama's gonna be mad" I would love to see my husbands face the first time he said it:white1:

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
One reason that birds get so into our hearts is the fact that they are the only animals that can communicate with us in our own language. When that breakthrough comes, it's like nothing else. And isn't their mumbled practicing adorable?

OP
MickeysMom

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

He is a sweetheart!:D

I am hoping to teach him..."Uh Oh, Mama's gonna be mad" I would love to see my husbands face the first time he said it:white1:

That's cute! I hope he learns it.

He gets this look everytime either he drops something or my husband makes a noise or drops something...it looks like he would like to say Uh Oh, Mama's gonna be mad, so I'm just trying to give him the words to go with the look.;)

One reason that birds get so into our hearts is the fact that they are the only animals that can communicate with us in our own language. When that breakthrough comes, it's like nothing else. And isn't their mumbled practicing adorable?

I love it! Sometimes I'll say what did you say? and he'll mumble the same thing again.....so I just say oh well mickey that's nice....lol, my luck that will be the next thing he says.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
That is so very cute , lolol. It's funny how they pick on on our habits that they can tell when we are leaving or going to bed. Way to go Mickey !

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I've told Merlin 1000x that she's a good girl. She hasn't said that, but now she's saying, "Oh, I hurt!" I don't think I've said that out loud more than once or twice:D

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
That's so cute! With his previous owner, Puck would say "b*tch b*tch b*tch" when she would get off the phone, because she often said it them. I've never heard him say it though, haha.

OP
MickeysMom

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

That is so very cute , lolol. It's funny how they pick on on our habits that they can tell when we are leaving or going to bed. Way to go Mickey !

He looked like he was just waiting for me to grab my wrap...waiting for just the right moment....lol He probably will never say it again.

I've told Merlin 1000x that she's a good girl. She hasn't said that, but now she's saying, "Oh, I hurt!" I don't think I've said that out loud more than once or twice:D

It's funny what they pick up! He doesn't say nite nite or bye bye which he hears everyday, but I was calling Noel for her dinner the other night, and he said kitteh and chuckled under his breath......Now that is a word I have only used once or twice as I usually say Kitty. Oh and he recognized that Noel is indeed a kitteh...lol

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
SO I'm getting ready for work this morning, and I'm kind of depressed over the whole Logan adoption thing.....

I feed Mickey and let him out for cuddles..... usually he isn't extremely happy to go back in the cage, however this morning he went right back in and watched me weirdly.

Well as I'm putting my wrap on to leave, he says as clear as day "mama's goin to work, love you"!

He has been practicing something under his breath for a couple of weeks, and this must be it! I say it to him every morning on my way out the door.

I had to smile:D

oh man that's so sweet! ;D

Most Reactions

Latest posts