Midnights big day, photos inc :blue1:

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Well it has been four days since midnight got home, in that time she has bonded to me like glue, to the point where i put my hand up click my fingers and call her name, she comes flying. Anyway today she had a larger than normal day.

First she had her first proper shower out side with the hose on mist. Having a cool drink after while drying in the sun.
f1abed836c1c4d143be9687c555f6b14_zpscfbe5ce5.jpg

Next she met some new people and played with her toys
7d2f1d10ce17373c048daf167c4bb4e8_zps6e3cb623.jpg

Then she let me put her harness on, only the second time so we went outside as a reward, she lent in close and cuddled me for reassurance she had a fly but didnt try to fly away. She was puffed but had a great time.
Yes i am holding my tshirt up as her claws are damn sharp on my skin. You can just see the aviator at work on her chest.
8a4553d10fd6266f9a1e8aa681ee2317_zps2a78a55f.jpg

And finally she almost bonded with my 28, even tho she bit him on the head. He was excellent in staying close and letting me mediate. This was a very happy moment for me both my babies together.
7868726920fde5ad5fbf4eef8d18a800_zps57eb6cf1.jpg

So that was midnights forth day, filled with lots of activities, new people new friends, new things to get used to, lots of flying and flight training, plus her own play time alone.

She has fallen asleep now, she didnt even squawk, just beak grinding and snoring.

Love my baby.

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Aw Just beautiful, love the pics, they put a huge smile on my face.:D
Love how you started the harness already, wish I had the forethought to have done that.

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Yeh while everything is still new i am trying to put everything in front of her, if that makes sense, i don't allow her to become overwhelmed but i do pack allot into the days.

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Wow. Midnight is coming along so well. Such a beauty!! Best part of having a baby is developing the bond. Love taking care of baby parrots!! Has she flown to you when you are out of site yet. Valentino could be playing or chewing wood on his Java tree but if I go out of site he will call to me then fly to where he hears me. Yep, he has flown into the bathroom while I was using it. Even when I tell him "Be right back mommy has to go potty." Nope not good enough. I just sit on down when in flies Valentino to land either on my head (which I do not like) or if I am fast enough on my hand. Then he started throwing his head up and down like he is going to get whiplash and starts saying "What?" *sigh*. I guess the bond is strong if I can't even pee by myself.

Oh the joys of having a flighted parrot.

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Wow. Midnight is coming along so well. Such a beauty!! Best part of having a baby is developing the bond. Love taking care of baby parrots!! Has she flown to you when you are out of site yet. Valentino could be playing or chewing wood on his Java tree but if I go out of site he will call to me then fly to where he hears me. Yep, he has flown into the bathroom while I was using it. Even when I tell him "Be right back mommy has to go potty." Nope not good enough. I just sit on down when in flies Valentino to land either on my head (which I do not like) or if I am fast enough on my hand. Then he started throwing his head up and down like he is going to get whiplash and starts saying "What?" *sigh*. I guess the bond is strong if I can't even pee by myself.

Oh the joys of having a flighted parrot.

Hahaa, me too! I haven't been in the bathroom by myself in 10 years:rolleyes:.

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Thank you devann

Noble, she has come looking for me but were still working on finding me when i call. But she is the best thing to ever happen, cept my wife, she is sat at the breakfast table eating with us as i am typing this. She mostly wont have breaky unless we do.

Blackhawk, thankyou.

Cami, tbh i cant wait.

Thank you everyone.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
WOW ,what a nice story with pictures ! She looks like shes going to be one of these birds you can do everything with. :) Great to here about the similaritys of how great this species can be. Looks like nice weather there :) Wish we were outside.

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
Thank you pinkybird, she is awesome. She has a little reluctance but i just take more time with her, like putting her harness on yesterday took 10mins and three flys around inside with it half on before she realized it wasn't going to hurt her and it meant treats.

She is still such a baby tho, she doesn't really squawk she whimpers more. Its very cute.

Showed her a vid of herself and siblings two days ago, she went so sad and almost started crying. So i wont be doing that again.

Anyway time to smooch. Bbl

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Thank you pinkybird, she is awesome. She has a little reluctance but i just take more time with her, like putting her harness on yesterday took 10mins and three flys around inside with it half on before she realized it wasn't going to hurt her and it meant treats.

She is still such a baby tho, she doesn't really squawk she whimpers more. Its very cute.

Showed her a vid of herself and siblings two days ago, she went so sad and almost started crying. So i wont be doing that again.

Anyway time to smooch. Bbl
Funny ,when I got my Macaws harness last year .I thought it was going to take days to get it on the way the dvd made it sound.But I thought screw this Harlow were just going to put it on and we did LOL. Wait till yours starts talking its amazing.Mines 2 and I thought because it was a girl .She wasnt going to say much .But I guess she was too young and it takes awhile. My favorite thing lately she says HEY BABE and laughs:32:

OP
N

Narkissios

Feb 2, 2013
Perth
Parrots
Midnight-B&G Macaw
And as days go by she rebels a little more, first day away from her, her rebel tick ws the crap on me, three times. The problem is i and so bonded i dnt care. Tomorrow is mroe harness training.

She had guests today and she did really well, three people she had never met and she willingly flew to the daughter. And let the others pick her up. So great work on the socialization side.

Most Reactions

Latest posts