Millie update

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
So it's been a while since I have given an update on Millie.

She is nearly 10 months old and is absolutely the most wonderful birdie there is. She is so well behaved. She is currently being birdie sat by my mum and dad while we are on holidays.

She has been talking up a storm lately. Her favourites are what you doing, hello, Millie, good girl - although this usually is said after doing something naughty - get down, tickle tickle, and the latest is peek a boo. Although she gets so excited that tickle tickle and peek a boo usually get mixed together to become tickle boo. It is absolutely hilarious. :D

She just loves her baths and turns herself into a birdie pretzel when it is bath time. She loves to keep Bundii in check and when she gets too loud Millie reminds her that she needs to be quiet.

We went to visit my parents a few weeks ago and she handled the 7 hour car trip well. It was our first trip with both the birdies on board. :D

She is certainly a mumma's girl. Hubby can handle her but if I am home then It is all Mumma. She is behaving well for my parents which is a positive. I know that we can go on holidays and she will behave for the grandparronts.

I will try to upload some recent photos when I get home from holidays next week.

d3dc1335572fd726845d7ea6fa64aa55_zpshgpqzbcm.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thanks for this update, Amanda! Millie looks beautiful and healthy! And she sounds like an absolute dream! (Tickle-boo! Hahaha! That one cracked me up!)

Btw, when you take your birds on a trip like that, how do you set them up when you get there? Do you bring perches or stands? What's your process? I ask because I've only brought any of my birds with me to hang outside at a barbecue. But never inside a home for extended periods of time. Just curious.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What a great update! "Tickle boo" is hilarious, and I bet she says it in the cutest voice ever too:D Glad she is dong so well and has settled in so seamlessly:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thanks for the lovely update, Amanda! Millie is a real beauty and being a sweetheart for her grandparents, that's so nice. Amazons have the cutest voices, how nice that Millie is a talker. Very clever girl, reminding you Millie is a good girl after doing something naughty.

Looking forward to more photos of Millie and some of beautiful Bundi when you have the chance.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Amanda, I am so happy to hear the update on the beautiful Millie! Tickle-boo, that is priceless:) Can I beg you to take a video when you return from holidays? Pretty Please??
How are you loving the new house? I'd love updates about that too when you have time:)

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
Btw, when you take your birds on a trip like that, how do you set them up when you get there? Do you bring perches or stands? What's your process? I ask because I've only brought any of my birds with me to hang outside at a barbecue. But never inside a home for extended periods of time. Just curious.

Stephen, as it is my mums that we are going to, I have left 2 cages there for the girls. My dad was a little unimpressed that I was leaving the cages at his house but he often asks when are the girls coming to visit. So he is not very put out. :rolleyes:

I leave enough stuff at mums house so their cages are setup fairly similar to their normal cages. The cages are a size smaller than their normal cages but this does not worry them in the slightest. They travel in travel cages and I have used these for overnight stays before but I wouldn't use them for anything much longer.

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
I will try to get the video when I get back from holidays. Thanks for the wonderful comments.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Amanda, you know I was literally just thinking about you and your birds yesterday?!! A little ESP haha. Glad you came on for an update :). Millie sounds like such a good young lady. I am happy for you that it is working so well and you have a great bond now!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Millie is so GREEN! She and Bundii just about cover all the shades of green there are and I envy you having that Amanda. :D

You don't say how Millie and Bundii get along. I hope they're getting used to each other? I'm really looking forward to pics of them both (AND of the new house, when there's time).

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
So, a lot has been going on since I got home from holidays. Works has been so exhausting and overwhelming that I handed in my notice last week. I finished on Friday. They girls will love having me home all the time but I am not so sure on hubby. :D

I was asked by Sailboat to upload a recent pic of Millie to see if her baby blue has remained. So here it is.

0bac6e1a1790d2ecc44826dc97dd6039_zpsducybjxe.jpg

As she is still only 10 months old, so she hasn't really had much of a chance to moult and change those blue feathers. I just love that she has so much blue on her. She has a blue sheen all the way down her belly, all the way to her vent. It is really prominent there as well. I am not if this is normal for them or if she is just special. :)

I will try to upload some more pics but our internet does not seem to want to let me upload photos. :(

Having a bath.

073a3879b32f0615780b60fa5309a45d_zps7ace2etr.jpg

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Millie is gorgeous! And her face is so expressive! Her character just seems to jump right out at you!

Love the pics, Amanda!

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
Thanks so much for updating us on millie. It is so nice when people hare their stories on their birds. It is so funny that she says tickle boo (made me laugh so much). So again thanks for the update and i think millie is a wonderful bird. :D

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
She's adorable, I just want to cuddle her and give her kisses!

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
So the gorgeous Miss Millie is now 3 years old and such a dream. She is a very proficient talker and is learning animals noises. She’s asked what does the cat say? And then meows. Same for dog and bird.

Here are two pics from this morning.

62e5bb321a641dda58f89376b795c451.jpg

aead4a5b7532d519c89bf7101c9c3238.jpg

She is just finishing off her molt so we still have a few pin feathers there.

It is also supposed to be 41C here today so we are enjoying an air conditioner day. It was around 34C at 9am about 30 mins ago.

And just because.
77b3ff68e449e9f73c7878aa4ee7d957.jpg

4766ed9bc669d2c942c3ebaf2e5a3996.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
And there's Millie! She is so gorgeous, all those blues just take my breath away.
How is it possible that she is already 3 years old???

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
I know right???? It seems only like yesterday that we brought her home. She has such a big personality in her 350 gram body. She still dominates Bundii and I cannot leave them alone together for too long as the temptation for Millie is too much.

I actually have a small secret. There should hopefully be a small grey baby coming in Dec 18 if all goes to plan. ����

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Oh my gosh, that is so exciting!!!! I am going to want updates on how that's going for sure!
I remember when you brought Millie home, it just doesn't seem possible it's been that long already! Xander and Kodee have a love/hate relationship. Kodee is the IRN, and he will do that bluffing thing in Xander's face, and Xander just says," Oh, Hellloooo".

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Loving this Millie update! She's beautiful, Amanda! 3 years just flew by!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts