Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
It was love at first site, when I woke up one morning and saw this photo posted on facebook..

904288_10151531945622768_639817088_o_zpsfb50df80.jpg

I thought to myself wow, this budgie is the most beautiful little thing I've ever seen, and I took a long drive to the shop where her photo was posted. I knew it was impractical for me to get another pet, as I already had three, I live in a very small apartment, and didn't have the room, money, I knew she would be loud etc.. lots of different reasons why I shouldn't bring home another pet. But there was just something about that little bird, that I couldn't say no too.. My partner was with me, and agreed she was gorgeous, but another pet would just be too hard, so we left.. After driving for about 20 minutes, I was very quiet in the car. I was imagining that instead I had brought her home, and even decided I would name her Mini if I could have her, because she was so tiny. Suddenly my partner stopped the car and turned it around. He said "Ok, I'm probably stupid, but I'm buying her for you.". I got so excited I felt like jumping out of my skin and told him I had picked out a name already for the pet we didn't even own.. We went back to the shop and my partner spent over $500 on a beautiful big cage, a little play gym toys, food and of course Mini. The lady at the register looked at the big cage and had a big smile on her face while she said "That is one lucky budgie!"

Photo9_zps483fc483.jpg

On the way home, I stared at her inside her little box all the way. She was just so gorgeous! And in the coming weeks, my friends came to meet her and all complimented that she was the most beautiful budgie they'd ever seen.

Her little personality grew and grew, she was cheeky as EVER and so so bossy. She would be sitting on my shoulder and god forbid I talk when she wouldn't want me too, she'd make her little annoyed sound and nip me on the mouth to tell me to be quiet lol.

She was obsessed with Audrey, my eclectus, and often forgot she was a tiny little bird, she'd boss Audrey around (and for some reason Audrey would do as she said lol!) and she followed her around like a bad smell. She was a little talker, every day muttering away to her little mirror. She mimicked all the sounds of the birds outside, her bell, kisses, and some words as well.

I sent myself broke buying her toys (And her big sister too of course) and she loved them all. By the end of it, her cage was filled with so many different toys and she loved them all. All day she would be attacking them, singing to them, sleeping on them, chewing them, talking to them, kissing them lol.. She was just such a cutie, so active and never stopped jumping around.

She had this gorgeous little habit of jumping up onto the side of the cage anytime I went outside and kissing me. I'd bend down and give her kisses and she'd give me soft pecks and make little kissing sounds. She LOVED kisses. It was like she just had to stop whatever she wad doing when she saw me, and come bounding over for a kiss. She made me smile every single day, and I would always just comment on how gorgeous she is and how much I loved her and how she was such a little feisty girl. She was a member of the family. The smallest member, but loved like she was just as big as us.

Sadly today, for whatever reason I can not guess, her life had to come to an end. After a tragic accident this morning, I was still in bed at the time, my partner came running into my room, freaking out yelling mini's hurt, mini's badly hurt. I sat up and looked at her and right away I just knew there wasn't anything more to do. I grabbed her and held her close to my face and gave her little kisses as she calmed down and within a few seconds was gone. I held her little lifeless body for probably an hour just crying and crying. My parents told me to bring her over and we had a little funeral for her, and left some flowers on her grave. There were many many tears from all of us. My parents knew how much I loved my birds, as I always talked about them, showed them videos and pictures etc. They said that even though her life was so short, she was probably one of the luckiest budgies alive because she was so spoilt with love.

It's amazing how such a tiny little creature can absolutely shatter your heart. Rest in peace Mini, you were so very very loved and you will be dearly missed, I don't know what I will do without my daily Mini kisses now.

Photo4_zps7ba7f3e0.jpg

Photo62_zps19632c49.jpg

Photo6_zpsa51382e5.jpg

Photo1_zps19941a28.jpg

Photo8_zpse42873ed.jpg

MK3_5166_zpse297025b.jpg

1004025_10151448395121076_1189797851_n_zpsa6d51151.jpg

MK3_5154_zps54975561.jpg

Last edited:

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Oh Casey i am sitting here crying my eyes out.. I have been so upset about it all day, but now reading the story i just started bawling!

She definitely is the prettiest budgie ever!

Life is unfair sometimes, i have no idea why horrible things like this happen, and you definitely didn't deserve this to happen!

Wish i lived closer so we could sit and just eat chocolates all night haha

Big big hugs!

Fly free little Mini <3 You were loved so much by your mumma!

Poppetsmum

Jul 31, 2013
Parrots
Poppet. A Quaker.
I'm so so sorry for your loss. R.I.P Mini. Sending huge hugs to you. x

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Thank you PoppetsMum <3

Thanks Tab, I def wish we could chill out with some chocolate, you would be freaking out looking at me, i look like a puffer fish hahaa I've got an ice pack on my eyes now lol :(

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
I'm so sorry for you and Mini, what a beautiful bird~ she was certainly loved greatly

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
So sorry for your loss Mini's was too beautiful
You have wonderful memories to carry in your heart forever
R.I.P Mini fly free

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh Casey, I am SO so sorry! I'm sitting here crying. :( I loved Mini. I loved looking at your gorgeous pictures of her, that sweet, loving face. :(

Many hugs to you!!!

Rest easy Mini!! You were one very special birdy!

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Thank you everyone for your support <3

I am so glad that at a time like this I have a place to talk, I am shocked today at how many of my "friends" have cared about how distraught I've been. :( I have done damage to my eyes because I have been crying that hard. its so horrible when a family member leaves.

Thank goodness for the bird forum, you bunch are the best people around <3

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
the tears just sprung from my eyes when I read this! :( :(

I am so sorry you lost her so early!!

life is just too cruel sometimes.

sending hugs your way Casey

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh im so sorry that happened. Budgies are so fragile and I know Iv had them before. Mini was a beautiful young lady! She will be missed by so many and we haven't even met her but she was dear to you. Peace be with you.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Sorry for your loss of Mini....Mini was a very very pretty parakeet!!!!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
So sorry for the loss of Mini! :( He was a very gorgeous budgie! (and yes, he, I can't say she knowing he was a beautiful little boy!)

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Oh my gosh I am so so so sorry!!! My heart is just breaking for you!!!! Your Mini was beautiful and at least she was loved in her short little life. God Bless!!!

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
Mini was such a beauty and was so very lucky to have had such love in her life. I'm so sorry for your loss. Tears came to my eyes as I read your story. RIP Mini.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
So, so sorry for your loss. Mini was soooo gorgeous, sometimes it's so hard to understand why these things happen. You are in my thoughts.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
The loss of my own budgie is the biggest I've ever felt. The really just wiggle their way in to your heart and manage to obliterate it to pieces when they leave us... especially if it's so early.

I'm so so sorry for your loss. Mini is beautiful and surely had a great home with you. xxx

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
OMG what a gorgeous budgie!!! So sorry for your loss :(

Do you know what happened?

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Oh Casey... I am saddened to hear about Mini's sudden passing. Such a beautiful birdy inside and out. I'm crying with you and I don't even know you, but I do understand your love for Mini. You both brought out the best in each other and you will forever be blessed with what she has given you. And Mini received just as much from you and had a precious and wonderful experience in this incarnation.

Most Reactions

Latest posts