Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Earlier this morning I took Mishka to the vet, to have his wings clipped and nails trimmed.
I arrived 30 minutes before opening time...... 1st in... 1st out.

So I thought, well 9 other guardians had exactly the same idea. :rolleyes:

We went into reception, I sat quite a distance away from the other birds, the reason being, I do not know if any of the birds have a disease etc etc.

Mishka does not mix with other birds at all, not since his girlfriend Jessie went to Rainbow Heaven in February this year.

I opened Mishka carry cage, he willingly climbed up, not wanting to miss anything. :31:

Another guardian came in, with a beautiful Conure, sitting on her shoulder. She sat next to Mishka.

Mishka and the Conure, sat there observing each other. Mishka looks at me and says mommy birdie mommy birdie, he was so excited, just like a child seeing Father Christmas. :rolleyes:
I replied yes Mishka, lots of birdies.

Someone's cell phone rang, Mishka began saying hello hello, okay bye bye, okay bye bye. Mommy I want a cell phone PLEASE TODAY

The Conure whistled, then a few of the other birds began whisteling.
Mishka then began saying, mommy the birdies are whisteling. :p

We all looked at each other and burst out laughing.

The guardian of the Conure, looks at Mishka and says hello Mishka, I have seen all your videos on Youtube, I did not realize you were a South African. Mishka replies you are cuckoo cuckoo. :eek:

Mishka then kept the reception area entertained for about 10 minutes, saying mommy the birdies are pooping, the birdies are washing, the birdies are eating their poopie.

I was so awesome to hear Mishka talking in public, normally he never says one word, to humans anyway. I guess being surrounded by birds, he felt at home...so to speak

:grey:

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I am laughing SO hard right now, Ant. :D I would have given anything to have been there and see the guardian's reaction when Mishka started talking. I bet some wet their pants from laughing so hard, while I'm sure other people's jaw dropped wide open.

And OMG, how AWESOME is it that Mishka was recognized? :eek:

Famous, beautiful, SUPER smart Mishka! :10:

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I am laughing SO hard right now, Ant. :D I would have given anything to have been there and see the guardian's reaction when Mishka started talking. I bet some wet their pants from laughing so hard, while I'm sure other people's jaw dropped wide open.

And OMG, how AWESOME is it that Mishka was recognized? :eek:

Famous, beautiful, SUPER smart Mishka! :10:

It was absolutely beautiful to see all the birds interacting as well.

It happened so quickly I never had time to record it on my cellphone.

Dr Russell said it was like being at a bird show.

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Thanks for the entertainment. So funny and sweet. It sounds like you and Mishka should visit just the vet's waiting room once a week for social hour. And, don't forget the camera for the rest of us.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
that is AWESOME. it's almost like he wanted to strut his stuff a little in front of his peers. ha.
i only had one bird who ever learned to talk (a budgie, but darn if he wasn't a chatterbox of a budgie). he was NOT SHY but seemed to perform as soon as i had company, to be sure he stole all the attention. it was hilarious. he met one of my friends by flying in circles around her, landing on her and saying "how ya doin'? see the birdie?" What a ham.
Don't you wish there were a hidden camera and you had the video footage of how it all went down??? Classic.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thanks for the entertainment. So funny and sweet. It sounds like you and Mishka should visit just the vet's waiting room once a week for social hour. And, don't forget the camera for the rest of us.

Hey you have given us an idea.......... LoL

We could call it the Mishka Magic hour

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I would have loved to see that! At least it wasn't boring for the people waiting, good job Mishka you clever boy.

I am sure Mishka was a bit upset, when we had to leave.... he never said one word it the car :( He sure enjoyed all the attention.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
that is AWESOME. it's almost like he wanted to strut his stuff a little in front of his peers. ha.
i only had one bird who ever learned to talk (a budgie, but darn if he wasn't a chatterbox of a budgie). he was NOT SHY but seemed to perform as soon as i had company, to be sure he stole all the attention. it was hilarious. he met one of my friends by flying in circles around her, landing on her and saying "how ya doin'? see the birdie?" What a ham.
Don't you wish there were a hidden camera and you had the video footage of how it all went down??? Classic.

That is so cute, your friend must have been so impressed, with your budgie.

I should actually find out if there is a camera..... thanks !!!!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I agree, when will he be getting his cell phone? He asks constantly and seems pretty dead set on having one and asks very politely. :p

suncon97

Jul 31, 2011
Parrots
Pearl-African Grey-Hatched Apr. 28,2011
I just love hearing Mishkas stories and how smart he is!Both of you inspire me to teach Pearl everything I possibly can:)

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
So, when will Mishka be getting his cell phone? :D

Got Mishka a cell phone !!!!!!!

It it battery operated, with lights, counts, and says the alphabet
Guess what, he just growls at it. Guess he has to get used to it.

Will upload a pic later

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I agree, when will he be getting his cell phone? He asks constantly and seems pretty dead set on having one and asks very politely. :p

Mishka's wish is my command...... :)

His wish came true...... I actually bought him one for his
5th hatchday

Only gave it to him now..... bad mommy I am. Things were just so hectic during the week.
:eek:

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Mishka went ballistic when receiving his cell phone today
It was absolutely hilarious

At first he was hesitant, until the cellphone said hello
He stared at it, then began saying hello hello okay bye bye okay bye bye

When he approached the phone, the lights began showing, he got so excited, and wanted to grabbed the phone.

After about an hour, he got bored with it, so I placed him back in his cage
NOW all he is saying is hello hello okay bye bye hello hello okay bye bye okay bye bye
Even when HIS cellphone rings, he says guys mommy's calling.

SAM_5063.jpg

SAM_5065.jpg

SAM_5066.jpg

SAM_5064.jpg

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I Love him! He is so darn cute.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I would have loved to be there to see Mishka entertaining everyone:)

I love his Cell Phone... Codie has one, but as soon as he presses a button and it starts flashing and making noises he is off in a flash LOL

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I would have loved to be there to see Mishka entertaining everyone:)

I love his Cell Phone... Codie has one, but as soon as he presses a button and it starts flashing and making noises he is off in a flash LOL

Mishka was in his element Sis, it was so cute to watch all the birds.
When taking his again next year, I will definitely take my camera with.

Mishka loves his cellphone. When he presses some of the buttons, and the lights flash, he keeps saying hello hello.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I have to ask is that a bird toy or a small child's toy it is really cute:)

Most Reactions