Momo the grey

Joshmackow

Sep 9, 2012
Hey everyone, I just picked up my new male african grey. He is 6 months and absolutely gorgeous

Here he is in the cage with his sister. He is on the left.

IMG_0648_zpsa5f70a14.jpg

IMG_0594_zpsc57d6ca2.jpg

And here is a photo of just him

IMG_0640_zps470a5e7b.jpg

And he is home :)

IMG-20120922-WA0000_zpsd7301a1f.jpg

He has some terrible habits that the breeder taught him. He likes to fly to heads, shoulders and on top of cages to be on top of everyone. It is slowly getting better.

But he also loves to grab, softly, then doesn't know his own strength. Also getting better.

Does anyone have any advice to help stop him flying when I don't want him to? At the moment I am holding his foot, seems to settle down after that, but still.

He is starting to whistle more and absolutely hates being left in his cage unless it is all dark and sleep time.

OP
J

Joshmackow

Sep 9, 2012
So well, he fights to come out of his cage but doesn't get along well with peanut yet. Hopefully they can be friends!

He is eating and starting to get cuddly, so more work and playing needed. :D

OP
J

Joshmackow

Sep 9, 2012
He definitely is stepping up, he is very good at it. Climbs out of the cage before we even try to get him out. Straight onto my arm :) haha

I hope so. More time together I guess .

He isn't a fan of the shower yet. Need to put him in again but he just flies straight out.

He was just as friendly, just a little bit more nibbly. But he was much bigger and healthier, probably 25% larger for the same age.

OP
J

Joshmackow

Sep 9, 2012
Hehe I hope so!

Haven't misted him yet.

Of course! He looked healthier and prettier. but definitely a bit cheekier as well :p

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Congrats on your new baby, he is super cute!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts