Monster Playstand Tutorial

Runzbarrel

Apr 21, 2015
Washington
Parrots
"Peaches" G2
"Squeaker" YNA
"Crackers" B&G
Ha! I think I figured out the problem! I had to get T fittings from three different stores. I wasn't paying attention at first but just noticed they're different from the ones I started with the fit difference is almost 1/2in!!!!

Runzbarrel

Apr 21, 2015
Washington
Parrots
"Peaches" G2
"Squeaker" YNA
"Crackers" B&G
Ok well, false alarm. The new T's didn't fix the issue I'm having. Birdman666 can you email me? I'd love to try and Facetime or Skype with you so you can see what I might be doing wrong. I really need to get this built for the new Macaw. He's not very happy being in his cage as much as he has this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrerek

Jan 23, 2015
Parrots
Orange winged amazon
sun conure
Post some pics and we all maybe able to help

Runzbarrel

Apr 21, 2015
Washington
Parrots
"Peaches" G2
"Squeaker" YNA
"Crackers" B&G
Post some pics and we all maybe able to help

I'll take some tomorrow. My husband said to just wing it from here but I stink at building things so I'm not comfortable doing that. All of my cuts are accurate. I've disassembled what I've built 4 times now to re-cut, remeasure, buy all new t's, hammered everything to make sure the pipes and fittings are completely seated etc. and it's still 2-3in off when I put the fourth level on. I'm about to take a blow torch to it all lol

Runzbarrel

Apr 21, 2015
Washington
Parrots
"Peaches" G2
"Squeaker" YNA
"Crackers" B&G
Here's a pic I took earlier before I went and bought all new T's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 255

jrerek

Jan 23, 2015
Parrots
Orange winged amazon
sun conure
It sounds to me like either you have some different lengths or different style connectors. One thing to remember is that if you are using t or a 90 sometimes or need to cut pipes differently cause one will go in a 1/2 inch and the other may go in a 1/4. Just something to check

jrerek

Jan 23, 2015
Parrots
Orange winged amazon
sun conure
To me it looks like your tube between your tees is to short. I would remove those two and attach your t's and measure the distance, remember to add about a inch so your pipe can push into your t and you will have it

Runzbarrel

Apr 21, 2015
Washington
Parrots
"Peaches" G2
"Squeaker" YNA
"Crackers" B&G
Everything is cut per Birdman's instructions. They are 24". I measured them at least 6 times to be sure lol
The problem isn't that level. It's with what's already built. The four corners don't go straight up. They are leaning outwards. And my H is bowed for some reason.

jrerek

Jan 23, 2015
Parrots
Orange winged amazon
sun conure
If your corners are pushing out check the ones I circled.uploadfromtaptalk1430122711457.jpg

jrerek

Jan 23, 2015
Parrots
Orange winged amazon
sun conure
Not sure why it posted twice also I couldn't circle the other one not in pic

Runzbarrel

Apr 21, 2015
Washington
Parrots
"Peaches" G2
"Squeaker" YNA
"Crackers" B&G
I went and got some couplings and I'm just going to do my best at piecing this thing together at this point. Nobody can figure out why I'm having this problem when all of my cuts are accurate and and all pipes are seated as far as they can go into the fittings. I'll redo the H and shave a 1/4in off and see if that takes care of the bow and go from there. It won't be pretty but hopefully it will still function!

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I did a pvc stand and I will say as I got to the top tier none of my measurements were the same as the bottom. So mine looks like a kid put it together, but oh well.

Runzbarrel

Apr 21, 2015
Washington
Parrots
"Peaches" G2
"Squeaker" YNA
"Crackers" B&G
Well it's finally done!!! And I didn't have to use any of the couplers either. I just started trimming 1/4in off here and there until it all fit together. I'm short one elbow so I'll run and get that now. But yay it's finally done!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 328

jrerek

Jan 23, 2015
Parrots
Orange winged amazon
sun conure
Looks good. Only downfall is pvc will bend but when you get to the end a 1/4 inch here and there will make a difference

krbeckett

Feb 7, 2017
West Virginia
Parrots
Green Wing Macaw - Ludo
Hatched 02/03/2017

Hawk Head - Skasoto "Soto"
Hatched December 2017

CAG - Merlin - Passed peacefully at the ripe old age of around 50 in December 2015
Sarah just called me.

They just dropped off a load of grapewood at the house...

The next one is gonna have to wait until after the superbowl, and after I finish my desperately needed housecleaning...

Give me a few weeks before I go overboard again, but I am even more excited about the next project...
Ok I realize this is an old post, but I read what was written above as well as when you said "Wait til you see the play table. It's going to be the best of both worlds...

Grapewood, plus PVC, plus homemade furniture!" .....

Sooooo I'm wondering if there is an update .. I didn't have much luck with the search feature

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

krbeckett

Feb 7, 2017
West Virginia
Parrots
Green Wing Macaw - Ludo
Hatched 02/03/2017

Hawk Head - Skasoto "Soto"
Hatched December 2017

CAG - Merlin - Passed peacefully at the ripe old age of around 50 in December 2015
Birdman666 I have all my PVC cut and plan to start building this soon!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

StChelle

Apr 4, 2017
Louisiana
Parrots
Male Galah named Valentine; male red-sided Eclectus named Harlequin "Harley"; female red-sided Eclectus named Petra
Could we make this a sticky post?

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Maybe I am oversimplifying ...
(no I havent built one yet, just did some kitchenremodelling a few years back and the drains were a mess /ehm before, not after :p )

would you get the same warping issues if you just put it all together 'dry' and marked -with a stripe- all the joints you wanted glued later?

So with every joint to glue you would just have to match up the striped part of the pipe with the other half of the stripe on the coupling-part.

I think it would turn out straight - or did I miss something? :eek:
(well an uneven floor maybe, that would throw it out of whack a bit)

;) for the true perfectionist: you can always remove those marks after the glue has dried, so no unsightly stripes in sight on the finished product

Most Reactions

Latest posts