mood swings

cassiepengo

Nov 12, 2013
india
Parrots
my darling lovebird
hey!!
so. from the part one month ive been posting in the lovebirds section, until someone told me my profile pic was a budgie. so, bamboo is a budgie, and i feel like such an idiot not knowing that. well i got bamboo almost a month ago, and hes. he sits on my hand, and i can take him out of the cage, and he'll stay with me.i dint clip him, hes really friendly, so he stays. but these days ive noticed hes getting really moody, and hes started screaming all the time. its really random. like-hes sitting on my hand, and eating from me, i give him a scratch, and cover him for the night. i see him next morning, he dusnt even know me. hes screaming, and biting, and chewing the cage, and hes running around, all panicky. do any of your budgies do that?? its really wierd, i dont know whats gotten into him. thanks anyways!:greenyellow:

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
2 Lovebirds, 5 cockatiels, finch, budgie, Indian Ringneck
I don't know much about budgies, but could your budgie be hormonal? Maybe look into that because I know cockatiels can go through a grumpy stage.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
The parakeets I've had never screamed, although they could get a bit noisy. I can't imagine what the problem with yours is, I'm sorry. Are you saying it happens mostly in the mornings when you see him for the first time? Could there be an issue with another animal that makes your bird feel threatend? like a mouse, or worse, a snake or something?

OP
cassiepengo

cassiepengo

Nov 12, 2013
india
Parrots
my darling lovebird
no, not really. i live in a flat, so i have no space for cats and dogs ans stuff.

legal_eagle

Banned
Banned
Feb 28, 2013
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure Pee-Wee
I think being excited in the morning is a pretty common trait for birds. In the wild they would be waking up and making contact with each other and exuberantly getting fired up to begin their daily activities. Your budgie is probably just doing the same thing.

OP
cassiepengo

cassiepengo

Nov 12, 2013
india
Parrots
my darling lovebird
its not just in the morning. hes acts like that randomly, any time of the day

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
That is definitely true about birds getting excited in the morning. I swear they have SUPERSONIC hearing, mine can hear me upstairs rustling when I'm getting out of bed and start chattering and chirping loudly lol - it's so cute. I know this isn't helping you Cassie but legal eagle made me think of it :p

legal_eagle

Banned
Banned
Feb 28, 2013
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure Pee-Wee
its not just in the morning. hes acts like that randomly, any time of the day

It sounds pretty normal for a budgie, especially the males. They will alternate between periods of rest and then constant motion, which may mean he's trying to impress you! That's a good sign!

OP
cassiepengo

cassiepengo

Nov 12, 2013
india
Parrots
my darling lovebird
haha!! okay?? i think hes just freaking out and being scared of me!! hes too hooliganish to do that lol!

Most Reactions

Latest posts