More cuddlier? Congo or a timneh?

NiR

Jul 30, 2012
Out of everyone's opinion through research or personal experience, which breed is cuddlier in general. ( I know it depends on the individual but the chances might be higher on one or the other)

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Like you said I think it does come down to personality of the bird and the amount of interaction and exposure to humans.

Jasper is a Congo and is definately *not* a cuddler. :(

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
I have a TAG and he's not cuddly like lay on your back cuddly . But he does like for me to pet him , give head scratches , rub his beak and he gives me kisses . He will lay on my chest and crawl up by my neck and cuddle at night before bedtime sometimes.
He's quite a clown and very playful..... he loves to chase our toes and he also likes to sit on the couch behind my head and " fix " my hair : )

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
I have a CAG and she is very cuddly. Today sat on my chest and made me hug and scratch her for an hour or so. Whenever I tried to stop she pushed her head toward my arm so I had to keep going:)
I also have couple of cockatiels. Female loves to be scratched, while male do not let me touch him. So may be it depends on the sex.
By the way I am not sure what sex is my CAF, but because she is so cudller I think she is a girl.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Depends on the bird entirely, not matter what the sex
I had an AG Gigi, female (sadly she died at 13 months old) she loved to be cuddled, climbed under our t-shirts and slept.
Another AG, Congo, male (died at 13 years old) also loved to be cuddled for hours on end.
Mishka, the love of my life, male, does not like to be cuddled at all. I tried to cuddle him from 6 weeks old, he refused to be cuddled point blank.
If we are in strange place, and he is scared, he will let me rub his back, the entire time, I know it calms him down.

Last edited:

TheDoctorsBowtie

Aug 17, 2012
Newcastle England
Parrots
African Grey called Bloo
My Bloo a CAG is very cuddly, she loves sitting on my shoulder and watching what i do on the computer and such, she up and down onto my desk and shoulder freely to get to my hand which she loves being stroked. Although she wont go near anyone else, good job i live on my own haha..
So i say it totally depends on the bird! :)

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
Depends on the bird entirely, not matter what the sex
I had an AG Gigi, female (sadly she died at 13 months old) she loved to be cuddled, climbed under out t-shirts and slept.
Another AG, Congo, male (died at 13 years old) also loved to be cuddled for hours on end.
Mishka, the love of my life, male, does not like to be cuddled at all. I tried to cuddle him from 6 weeks old, he refused to be cuddled point blank.
If we are in strange place, and he is scared, he will let me rub his back, the entire time, I know it calms him down.

Wow, 13 is a really unlucky number for you:-( Well, hope for you that Mishka will live long and happy live!!!

Most Reactions