Morning Flock Call

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
In my home as most of you know I have Peter Pan a Blue Quaker Mr Biggles a White Fronted Amazon and lastly Elsa Budgie who has been here now for a few weeks...Elsa Budgie is a girl...as usual in the mornings they hear me get out of bed and the flock calling starts usually initiated by Mr Biggles then Peter Pan and Elsa join in. I sat listening to them for a few moments before calling back to them to let them know I was awake and present and accounted for (as all of you know a most important task to begin the day with) before heading on my way to uncover the cages and get breakfast. However as I listened to the sounds coming from the different cages I was struck by the fact that little Elsa could be heard in fine voice above all of them...hee hee for the size of her she has one great voice box LoL :) As soon as I uncovered them and chatted our morning hellos and served breakfast all fell silent again.
We shall have the Good Night Flock call again before bedtime. I have grown to love these Flock calls and enjoy joining in :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, Elsa is making sure that Mr. Biggles and Peter Pan don't drown out her beautiful little voice!
I so love going into the bird rooms first thing in the morning..in my little bird room, Phoe. my Crimson Bellied Conure, shouts HELLO HELLO and Spike and Jury (The Jenday) start wolf whistling. In the big bird room, Justice says Hello, Talli says Peek a Boo, Xander says Pretty Pretty Bird, and Slater says ok, ok, ok...

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Routines are comforting to all creatures, I think. I tiptoe through the house very early in the morning, the dogs flatly refuse to tiptoe, we go out together, I clean and fill the wild bird's feeders and baths while the girls do doggie things. Usually by the time we go inside, Harry is yelling, Cammmrunnn, Sammy is yelling, Good (he can't say morning) and Poppy is yelling Too gibberish and wild jungle calls. Sweet Pea, Piper and Twinkle care little for the English language but they have very sweet voices and chatter loudly mornings and evenings. The entire flock gets noisy while I'm preparing their evening meals and then again at bedtime.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Yes flock calls are something special and unique.

I get bell ringing from little lord Fauntleroy to start with in case I am not awake yet and then followed by 'Hal-lo' when he realises you are getting up and coming downstairs.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I can imagine hearing Elsa over Mr. Biggles and Peter Pan :D! Of course she's not "louder" but they can sure keep up with the bigger guys. Their voice really carries, and gram for gram budgies are a really loud species lol!

Terry's and Allee's houses would crack me up to hear! I cover everyone, so I don't get any morning noises here, except talking under the covers if I'm not up early enough ;). Chip the budgie is the one that without fail does the loud evening calling.

OP
BIRDIGIRL

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
I can imagine hearing Elsa over Mr. Biggles and Peter Pan :D! Of course she's not "louder" but they can sure keep up with the bigger guys. Their voice really carries, and gram for gram budgies are a really loud species lol!

Terry's and Allee's houses would crack me up to hear! I cover everyone, so I don't get any morning noises here, except talking under the covers if I'm not up early enough ;). Chip the budgie is the one that without fail does the loud evening calling.
Way to Go Chip you sing it to them and tell them its beddy bye bye time :) I cant get over the big voice that comes out of such a little body when Elsa starts hee hee they sure do intend on being heard LoL :) The two boy budgies I babysat Custi and Gelato were never as loud as Elsa she can rise the rooftop. Of course Custi and Gelato were very elderly budgies so maybe they had settled downby the time they came to stay with me...but you are right Julie gram for gram they are the loudest species of all :) My guys all call out from under the covers as soon as they hear me leave the bed :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts