Morning Poops

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
This is something I learned really fast after getting Rico (almost two years ago). I had budgies prior and they never ever made HUGE turds like Rico does. It was super funny and gross when I saw Rico’s first morning poop. It’s always so shocking to see these HUGE poops, even if they’re old! Like, Rico poops Sour Patch Kid sized morning poops and it is like “how does something THAT giant come out of THAT small bird’s poop chute?!” I almost guarantee that is the human equivalent of dropping a giant duke in the morning after thanksgiving and going on with your day.

I know they are really common but my god it is baffling! It shocked my friend when she first saw it. She was like “what the heck is THAT? Is he okay?” And I looked at it and was like “huh, that’s a big one! Yeah it’s normal” and she said “I… never knew they took such giant sh**s.” And I agreed. They shock a lot of non-bird people! Even my mother and family friends!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Considering they save it all night long and the frequency of pooping during the day, I am not surprised. Salty does this too; that first morning poop is HUGE.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Considering they save it all night long and the frequency of pooping during the day, I am not surprised. Salty does this too; that first morning poop is HUGE.
Oh good god I can’t imagine how huge that is!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
This is something I learned really fast after getting Rico (almost two years ago). I had budgies prior and they never ever made HUGE turds like Rico does. It was super funny and gross when I saw Rico’s first morning poop. It’s always so shocking to see these HUGE poops, even if they’re old! Like, Rico poops Sour Patch Kid sized morning poops and it is like “how does something THAT giant come out of THAT small bird’s poop chute?!” I almost guarantee that is the human equivalent of dropping a giant duke in the morning after thanksgiving and going on with your day.

I know they are really common but my god it is baffling! It shocked my friend when she first saw it. She was like “what the heck is THAT? Is he okay?” And I looked at it and was like “huh, that’s a big one! Yeah it’s normal” and she said “I… never knew they took such giant sh**s.” And I agreed. They shock a lot of non-bird people! Even my mother and family friends!
Imagine what it feels like when a bird lays an egg out of that same itty bitty poop chute! Passing a big squishy poop probably feels good in comparison!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Imagine what it feels like when a bird lays an egg out of that same itty bitty poop chute! Passing a big squishy poop probably feels good in comparison!
OH NO! That made me squeeze my legs shut, I do not want to imagine giving birth through my butt. Thanks for the visual! Time to go boil my eyes in bleach!

Most Reactions