Mother Pluckin Bird Toys Atom

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I've been considering getting the Atom from Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys - Home of the ATOM

Here's my question/issue: Sydney's favorite thing with his boing is to chew the rope so it unravels in spots (I don't let him have it in his cage and he's always supervised while playing on it.) I'm concerned if I spent the bucks on this that he'd destroy it ASAP.

Does anyone have experience with this swing? Would the sissal be better? or is the rope so tightly woven it would be hard for Sydney to chew it. (Sydney and Sammie are sennies.)

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
While i don't have the atom,i do have cotton perches.
My gcc chew right trough it with some hard work.
So you do have a high chance he will.
But in the do it you self section are lots of people who made atoms their self with little money.
I made one with movable electric pipes and coconut rope.
My mother has 4 sennies and yes they too chew right through the cotton rope.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I know BPBT Atoms are top quality being the 'original' and all. I've heard of people using them for larger birds without a problem. I don't think you'll have a problem with a Sennie.

Maybe ask their customer service about your concern? I've never used one but I do like the design I think.

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I know BPBT Atoms are top quality being the 'original' and all. I've heard of people using them for larger birds without a problem. I don't think you'll have a problem with a Sennie.

Maybe ask their customer service about your concern? I've never used one but I do like the design I think.

I have to admit the pic with the two sennies on it is too cute!!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Of course I meant to say MPBT, not BPBT!
One of the things I HATE about the tablet or phone is the dang auto correct!! I usually proof read before sending to avoid it accidentally saying something crazy!

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
I got a large size for my grey and he loves it! Best money I have spent on him besides his cage. Please email them, they have excellent customer service and I think she will even wrap extra cotton around for you so your bird won't chew through the original cotton. My grey started chewing and I went out and got cotton rope and wrapped the areas of interest.

MacawLoverOf3

Jun 23, 2013
Parrots
Jody
Kalea
Donovan
I have 3 Macs and they all like working on it and I cringe when they do because It will be expensive to replace it but then I look at just how far they have gotten in chewing it and it really is not that much when you think of it that way. I think why it is they have not totally destroyed it yet is maybe the rope they used on it is really tight????

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I'm not sure that the Atom from MPBT is the original "swing". I remember one guy who came up with the "hoop ball" made out of hula hoops, polly rope, some PVC, screws and some metal hardware. When I adopted Charlie, his foster parents made one for me to take home with him, but of course he never cared for it! The little birds on the other hand....

AT02.jpg

AT05.jpg

86794cae.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjKmHswgiHs"]Cockatiel Feeding - April 24th - YouTube[/ame]

Saying that, you could build your own "ball swing" using hula hoops, PVC or even the clear PVC and wrapping it in vet wrap.

http://www.parrotforums.com/do-yourself/1002-hoop-ball.html
DIY PVC Spherical Swing from A Bird?s Best Life |

Most Reactions

Latest posts