Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Michael, I simply cannot imagine moving that many birds out of state! And Captain, WOW, the thought of moving that many big birds fourteen hours away boggles my mind...we only have 19 parrots, and that was hard enough on just the 30 minute drive.
I must add that I am so glad we didn't have 200 fleas to move like you did, Wendy! Yikes!

Minimaker & gracebowen, it all started with a free Zebra finch. I definitely have MBS bad!
We don't breed although we do have several pairs who were breeders in their previous homes and are now retired. Most of ours are rehomes or rescues, and it is just too hard to say no to them.

The feeding alone takes me around 3.5 hours in the morning now, and 2.5 hours for the evening feed. This is not including their "out" time for the big birds. Definitely has turned into a full time job..but I wouldn't trade then for anything. I do think we are done now...no more birds for us.

Allee, having 3 bird rooms instead of 5 is amazing. They are all down 2 flights of stairs now for feeding, etc. but it is so much better.

amjokai, I can't imagine flying with 15 birds! That is going to be quite the adventure!
2 of the 3 bird rooms are much bigger, and one is a little smaller...but since we decided to not have a computer room or spare bedroom, everyone fits in almost perfectly.

I wish I could rest now...unfortunately the boxes I have sittign everywhere say otherwise! LOL

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
My word! That is an accomplishment! :)

Sounds like you have a bunch more space, so it's worth the hassle!

Most Reactions