Mr Jingles...accident..I can't get over it

saurian

Sep 26, 2019
My room. 24/7.
Parrots
Mister, Budgie, 2008-17
I come on this site everyday since Mr Jingles died. Thank you. Today is not a good day. He died 12 days ago now. I have sorted some photos of him. Everyday is the same..lots of crying, lots of guilt and lots and lots of sadness. I am going back to work on Monday and dreading it. I can't stop thinking about it and it wakes me in the night and hit me like a sledgehammer in the mornings. I miss my Mr Jingles so much. I'm sure that I will feel like this forever. I just needed to write down how I feel. Thank you and bless you all.

I'm sorry... Really sorry. I know he's up in heaven now, if you believe in that, looking down and watching over you, remembering as you are. Humans are complex creatures. We love, we laugh and cry. We all love you here. <3

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I come on this site everyday since Mr Jingles died. Thank you. Today is not a good day. He died 12 days ago now. I have sorted some photos of him. Everyday is the same..lots of crying, lots of guilt and lots and lots of sadness. I am going back to work on Monday and dreading it. I can't stop thinking about it and it wakes me in the night and hit me like a sledgehammer in the mornings. I miss my Mr Jingles so much. I'm sure that I will feel like this forever. I just needed to write down how I feel. Thank you and bless you all.

May I suggest you write a letter to Mr. Jingles. That is what I did - does not matter whether you ever read it again. Helped me to consolidate my grief and sorrow.

Have you considered attending a companion animal grief group? Often facilitated by state or local animal organizations. Not for me, but immensely helpful for many.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
In August of 2018 I lost my green cheeked conure whose name was Baci. I named him after my favourite brand of Italian chocolates, and ā€œbaciā€ is also Italian for ā€œkissesā€. He was completely and utterly the love of my life, and it never even crossed my mind that I would lose him at only 5 years of age to acute pancreatitis. Like you I was totally devastated by his loss, and, like you I found this community not long afterwards and have found strength and support in the shared experiences and compassion of the members here. Plus I have an awesome doctor who prescribed me a little something to help me sleep and stop my awful midnight panic attacks!

Donā€™t be afraid to seek professional help if you feel you need it in order to be able to return to work, or to cope with everything else you need to do in your day. And you can lean on us for understanding because virtually everyone here has lost a feathered angel in unexpected and/or tragic circumstances, so we definitely get it! Just as my baby Baci led me here, so Mr Jingles brought you here too.

ā€œI will lend to you, a birdā€ God said, ā€œand teach you all you have to do,
And when I call him back to Heaven, you will know he loved you too.ā€ (Anon)

Most Reactions