meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|

Ok so this isn't MY pet but hey its sort of like the neighborhood pet lol. He's/she's a skunk. Its so cute! It was in my back yard yesterday and just had to get pictures and also two short videos.
(excuse the mess in the yard, the deck and house is undergoing renovations and right now the yard is like the junk pile)

july202007024.jpg

july202007023.jpg

july202007022.jpg

july202007021.jpg

july202007020.jpg

july202007019.jpg

july202007018.jpg

july202007017.jpg

july202007016.jpg

july202007015.jpg

Videos:
(there pretty boring videos just to let you know.. and my hands aren't steady lol)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNXlMsbdbo8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acGyxfmY8Zc[/ame]

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Wow, you are a courageous lady, Meghan! I really enjoyed your photos ... I love lil stinkers, they are so very cute!!! :04:

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
OH! Your pics just reminded me to go close the garage door! It's so hot here, during the day I leave it cracked open a foot or two ... at night, I forget and the lil stinkers can wander in at will! :eek: ...cute, but at a respectable distance! LOL

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
LOL yep it crawled in the garage with my dads NEW car in it lol. Heehee i don't know if the skunk ever got out :confused::( I think it would have been funny if the skunk sprayed at my dads car heehee. Specially after he didn't give his old car to me and since he booked a flight england without me!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
What pretty little things they are, I know stinkers, but hey really pretty :D

Meghan, you really don't wanna be here at the moment, we've got floods, rain, floods and even rain. On the up side, we have been told that we will get a summer 2008 :eek: :eek:

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
woohoo.. Will call it Scooter. What do they eat?

K - think they are omnivores. But, first hand experience, I do know they love dog food. Just remember, if they come toward you head first stay calm and loving; if they back toward you with tail up ... TAKE THE HIGH ROAD OUTTA THERE!!! LOL ;)

Post note edit: Scooter is an excellent name ... as soon as I catch him, he'll be airborne and on his way!!!! ...

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
Actually some people have pet skunks. Thye get them de-scented (like with ferrets) and they do eat whatever a dog would eat. Now I want one too! Im going to name mine Pepe.

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Actually some people have pet skunks. Thye get them de-scented (like with ferrets) and they do eat whatever a dog would eat. Now I want one too! Im going to name mine Pepe.

Oh for heaven's sakes, I just returned from the FEDex store ... ok ... lemme go catch Pepe and I'll take him down to be shipped ... *Deanna trudges off in the heat to find a lil skunkie for indigo* ...

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots

YES i knew that! I've seen them at a pet store before! i cant remember which one it was along time ago it might of even been in the US they were cute. We tuns of skunks here in North Van. Actually anywhere in BC. :D

LOL i kept my distants. I was going to follow it and see where it went in the garage but then i thaught no better not lol.

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
yup, here too (surrey). the one who sprayed my house has been around pretty every night now (and leaves a 'gift' over at the neighbors). for some reason they've not been having their dog wander all night anymore - odd ;)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Karen just make sure scooter stays up your part of the country, I don't wanna be skunked. They are pretty tho.

Most Reactions

Latest posts